FoW Event on JUL 30 - instead of OFCC - vote for what u want

barca

Any interest in a non-OFCC Flames Of War event, since no FoW teams will be at OFCC this year?

If interested, vote once in each category, NLT midnight, Thursday, 21 July.
Cast your vote on this thread or PM me.
If you vote, make a reasonable effort to show up.

This will be a non-tournament event, in Portland, at GG, on Saturday, JUL 30.
No fee.

I will reserve 2-4 tables if there is enough interest to throw together a friendly gaming event that has no fee, and perhaps no prizes.
If there is/are one or more prizes, it/they will be distributed by method voted on by the group, see para F, below.

If there are an odd number of gamers showing up, barca will be 'the ringer'.

In the choices below, "I" means you, the voter, are offering to do the thing listed.

A. START TIME:
You arrive before the start time and are ready to Select a mission and put your army on a table within 5 minutes of the start time.
Nothing prevents you from arriving earlier to catch up socially with the other players. Just be ready to start on time.
A1 11 AM
A2 12 PM
A3 1 PM

B. ROUNDS (2.5 hours each, 15 min between rounds)
Remember, GG closes at 10 PM sharp, on SAT. Ergo, to pack up and tear down, plan on being done your last round by 9:30 PM
B1. One round
B2. Two Rounds
B3. Three Rounds

C. PERIOD
C1 EW
C2 MW
C3 LW

D. POINTS
D1 1250
D2 1420 (Army I was going to use at OFCC)
D3 1500
D4 1600
D5 1700

E. Opponent assignments:
E1 Random Draw (duplicates re-draw)
E2 Assigned by barca, based on ranking at Enfilade! 2016
E3 Mutually agreed on first round, later rounds assigned by barca, based on Win/Loss/VP
E4 Mutually agreed on each round, and 'wallflowers' assigned by barca if opponents not decided in 10 min.

F. PRIZES
F1 None. Just push models, throw dice
F2 I will donate something non-monetary (FoW related) for a random prize table.
F3 At least one prize, random draw. I will donate a small amount to reimburse the cost/effort for making/buying the prize. Value of prize probably in the range of $15-$25. If donations exceed $25, a second prize will be on the table.
F4 I am suggesting an alternative: <provide description>

G. TERRAIN
Store terrain is getting damaged and or lost, of late. If you have pieces you can put on a table for this event, please bring them. If you do bring terrain, show it to barca before deploying it, to preclude misunderstandings.

H SCORES (no bearing on prizes, if there are any)
H1 No recorded scores
H2 Record win/loss and VP, hand to barca. He announces results at end of event. Not published
H3 Same as H2, except barca publishes results on this thread

I Commitment
I1 I will be definitely be there, ready for any format.
I2 I will very likely be there, for most formats.
I3 I will plan on being there, so long as the period and or points align with what I want to bring.
I4 I will probably be there, at least for one round.
I5 I might be there.

J MISSIONS
J1 each table rolls up mission before start of each round.
J2 draw mission cards before each mission, eliminating cards either player has already done during this event. Barca supplies 12 mission cards per table.
J3 each player on table rolls die. Winner chooses mission.
J4 barca selects three missions, one per round and posts missions on thread before event

K LISTS
Honor system. I am not screening lists. Bring printed copy of your list, hand to your opponent. Bring the book that covers your list. Bring spare copies of list. Special rules: this is another reason why you bring the book.

L SOCIAL event, before or after the battles.
Suggestion is "Dutch Treat”,
a) Date/Time: Saturday, 9/17, 8:00-9:30 AM, or start time 2 hours before game check-in time
b) Location: Original Hotcake House
c) Address = 1002 SE Powell Blvd, Portland, OR 97202
d) MENU: www.hotcakehouse.com
e) barca will be there 2 hrs before check in time, and will leave After 45 minutes to setup terrain at GG, before check-in begins. You can stay longer if u are not involved in setup.
f) If you are not familiar with that area, check MapQuest, GPS, or whatever Oracle, omens, forbidden technology or dark sorcery you use for navigation.

L1 I will go to an early breakfast to trash talk, catch up or otherwise harrass my fellow gamers.
L2 not breakfast, but late dinner, place listed above
L3 breakfast or coffee at Burger king near GG
L4 late snack or dinner at BK.
L5 not available for get togethers listed above

If you vote, I ask that you update your attendance and army NLT 5pm, Thursday, July 28.

Once I have votes tallied, I will create a new thread with the particulars.
If I missed something, then post here, or PM me.

Going?
Avatar, commitment, social, axis/allies, list, book
1. Barca, I1,L1, Allies, Soviet tank company, Barbarossa/E. Front/Red Bear (The Ringer).
2. ZEKE, I1, L1,Axis, Hungarian, ?, ?

3. ZeroMoon17, I1, L1, Allies, 1420 pts British Cromwells, Nachtjager

* If you see tournament ideas that you feel are your ideas, feel complimented (claim credit if u want). Smarter people then myself have made many of these suggestions.

** If u have the feeling that this is a quasi-military operation, then you have guessed correctly. Do not cross your Kommissar!

KOMMISSAR, herder of Orks, and one to blame for everything: barca.

A1 11am

B2 2 rounds, 3 rounds would be fun too

C3 Late War

D2 1420pts, this way we already have been practicing with these armies in prep from ofcc

E2 Barca puts together the match ups

F3 I would like the prize to be a starter set for team Yankee, to boost our numbers. But that's just my agenda haha, I would pay up to 15 bucks for two rounds and 20 for three.

I1 I'll definitely be available

J4 I don't want to play two fair fights, defensive battles or mobile battles. So there should be some sort of mechanic that prevents playing two types of the same mission.

L1 I would be up for food before

Ill be bringing 1420 pts British Cromwells from nachtjager

• Like 1

I will be arriving back from Ireland the day before, so I may or may not be able to make it - depends on whether I'm conscious or not... ;)

A. START TIME:
A3 1 PM

B. ROUNDS (2.5 hours each, 15 min between rounds)
B2. Two Rounds

C. PERIOD
C1 EW
C2 MW
C3 LW

(no preference, I have lists for all 3 periods)

D. POINTS
I can do up to 1500 points EW

1500 + points MW

Just about anything LW

E. Opponent assignments:
Honestly don't care...  however is fine...

F. PRIZES
F4 I am suggesting an alternative: <provide description> - I like Zeke's idea of bringing a blister for the prize pile

G. TERRAIN
Store terrain is getting damaged and or lost, of late. If you have pieces you can put on a table for this event, please bring them. If you do bring terrain, show it to barca before deploying it, to preclude misunderstandings.

H SCORES (no bearing on prizes, if there are any)

No scores published - we've got lots of tournaments later in the year - this should be for recreation

I Commitment
I4 I will probably be there, at least for one round.

J MISSIONS
Any is fine

K LISTS
Honor system. I am not screening lists. Bring printed copy of your list, hand to your opponent. Bring the book that covers your list. Bring spare copies of list. Special rules: this is another reason why you bring the book.

L SOCIAL event, before or after the battles.

L5 not available for get togethers listed above (might be available after - but it depends on how late "after" is)

Well call me "impatient" (or whatever else you have to say, within forum rules).

I forged ahead, depsite the THU midnight deadline for input.

Wanted to get moving on this, since short notice.

I took the feedback and posted the new thread:

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/28552-oddball-maneuvers-july-2016-%E2%80%93-a-flames-of-war-%E2%80%98ersatz-tournament%E2%80%99/