Question about Blood Bowl 2016 Edition & Portland League(s)

pistachio

Hi everyone. I was an active Blood Bowl (2nd edition) player back in the late 1980s. I still have my 28 year old set in great condition, but haven't played a game in a couple of decades. With the release of the new edition in a month or so, I am seriously considering jumping back into Blood Bowl, especially as my kids are at the same age I was when I loved the game.

Question for the Blood Bowl community in Portland - how does the upcoming new edition impact whatever existing league activities are taking place? Does the community embrace the new edition as the standard, or has the Blood Bowl community over the years gone in its own direction regarding rules and teams so much that it's on a separate path at this point?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 1

As the person who currently runs the league I feel I am in a good place to answer. 

how does the upcoming new edition impact whatever existing league activities are taking place?

We have had our first season of what is meant to be a persistent league, and I am hoping that the new rules will allow us to continue with this plan. The rumors are looking good. I am planning to start a new season in January as long as BB drops in Dec. or sooner. (more info will be coming out in Nov. about this)

Does the community embrace the new edition as the standard, or has the Blood Bowl community over the years gone in its own direction regarding rules and teams so much that it's on a separate path at this point?

We have been using the CRP and the New Teams rules. You can find them on the NAF site. I have been open to using the cyanide teams in leagues and so far the only interest has been in Khorne (and those teams tend to not last long).