pretre's Annihilation List Noodling for March 4th - 1500 Points

pretre

Sisters CAD

Celestine - 200

SCS with 3 Celestians with Condemnors, Hospitaller and Dialogus with Laud Hailer and Book of St L. Rhino - 155

5 BSS with Melta/Flamer in Rhino - 115

5 Doms with 4 Melta in Repressor - 180

Exorcist - 125

Exorcist - 125

Exorcist - 125

Deploy Celestine with SCS behind their rhino, depending on opponent, to give her FNP. Throw any living SCS into the rhino to give a buff bubble (reroll faith, fear and regroup within 12").

Alternatively, swap SCS for Seraphim:

9 Seraphim and two dual hand flamers  - 155

Sisters CAD

Celestine - 200

SCS with 3 Celestians with Condemnors, Hospitaller and Dialogus with Laud Hailer and Book of St L. Rhino - 155

Exorcist - 125

Exorcist - 125

Exorcist - 125

Deploy Celestine with SCS behind their rhino, depending on opponent, to give her FNP. Throw any living SCS into the rhino to give a buff bubble (reroll faith, fear and regroup within 12").

Alternatively, swap SCS for Seraphim:

9 Seraphim and two dual hand flamers  - 155

I've been playing with ideas like the SCS you have here, but can't get around the fact that against non-psyker armies they're essentially dead weight. Instead I find myself gravitating more toward sprinkling condemnors across the army, on various Sister Superiors. This not only makes them harder for your opponent to remove if they are playing psykers, but also frees up points for things like Seraphim or an SCS with a different, more versatile purpose.

• Like 1

So many Battle Company lists.

If I bring a Riptide wing I don't want to hear any bitching. /wink

lol

Yeah, it's hard not to do Battle Company at this point. I mean, it's what I played last and when you look at what you get for what you could get otherwise, it is really hard to say no. That being said, I'm really trying to find a Sisters list that I can dig on.

What are your thoughts on allies for the sisters that could give them something closer to what you value in battle company?

The problem with Battle Company is that everything is so cheap. The value for that is that I can get a crud ton of obsec units for very little cost. In a Maelstrom environment, this is very appealing. It doesn't help that everything SOB do at this point can be done better by someone else.

Worse than that, I just did some inventory. I could run this list:

removed due to ally issues

With entirely SOB models (and some Warpath stuff to make female scouts) and just use my SW Pods.

I wonder what I could do with just SOB models. Hmm.

So, amusingly enough, I can build the following solely with SOB models. I am missing a single transport ( I have 5 Immolators and 4 Rhinos).

BDC 1

Canoness - Captain - 90

Battle Sister Squad - Tac Squad with Melta in Razorback - 80

Retributor Squad - Dev Squad with 4 Multi melta in Rhino - 110

Seraphim without Flight Packs - Assault Marines with 2 Flamers in Rhino - 80

BDC 2

Canoness - Chaplain - 90

Battle Sister Squad - Tac Squad with Melta in Rhino- 80

Retributor Squad - Dev Squad with 4 Multi melta in Rhino - 110

Seraphim without Flight Packs - Assault Marines with 2 Flamers (missing transport) - 80

Whirlwind Supression Force

Land Speeder with Typhoon (yuck, I would have to convert this. I have an unpainted one) - 70

Exorcist - Whirlwind - 65

Exorcist - Whirlwind - 65

Allied Detachment

Celestine - 200

Scouts with Snipers  - 60 (Don't have a good replacement for this to get Celestine into the army, so I'd have to do these unless someone has a clever idea)

Razorbacks will be a mix of whatever I can find. I have HB for the Immos, but not a lot.

Okay, since I am demoralized by SOB right now, here's the fallback list that I will no doubt use. I would like to pick a SOB list, but I just can't find one that fires me up and gives me any hope of winning games. Still deciding on Chapter Tactics.

Iron Hands (This synergizes well with Celestine since she can give all the troops +1 FNP for a turn, bringing it to 5+)

White Scars (H&R is great as is the Hunter's Eye)

GSF

BDC 1

Captain - 90

5 Tac with Plasma in Drop Pod - 85

5 Tac with Melta in Drop Pod - 80

5 Dev with 4 Multi-Melta in Drop Pod - 100

5 Assault with 2 Flamer in Drop Pod - 80

BDC 2

Chaplain - 90

10th Company SF

5 Scouts - 55

5 Scouts - 55

5 Scouts - 55

Allied Detachment

Celestine and Geminae - 200

Battle Sister Squad with HB - 70

There's 25 extra points to take a Hunter's Eye or something else. I would need to order 8 Multi-Meltas (probably from Kromlech) but the rest is pretty much good to go. I could swap the allied BSS out for Scouts, but I figured having somewhere for Celestine to hide first turn isn't the worst thing in the world.

I forgot Immolators have a FP now.

Castellan's

Celestine - 200

5 BSS with Melta/HF in Rhino - 120

5 BSS with Melta/HF in Rhino - 120

5 BSS with Melta/HF in Immo - 140

Dominions with 4 Melta in Repressor - 180

Coteaz - 100

Inquisitorial Henchman Band with 2 Acolytes with Plasma, 3 Acolytes, 2 Servitors with Plasma in Chimera with Psybolt - 140

The 4 BSS and Rides all regen on a 5+. Everyone has Hatred (yay?) which is only really good for Celestine. Warband is there because Coteaz needs a place to hang out in for Annihilation (no BB). All infantry are ob-sec. Tempted to swap the Rhino BSS with Tacticals in Drop Pods, just to get some out there presence.

edit: Whoops, forgot to add Celestine at the top.

Okay, since I am demoralized by SOB right now, here's the fallback list that I will no doubt use. I would like to pick a SOB list, but I just can't find one that fires me up and gives me any hope of winning games. Still deciding on Chapter Tactics.

Iron Hands (This synergizes well with Celestine since she can give all the troops +1 FNP for a turn, bringing it to 5+)

White Scars (H&R is great as is the Hunter's Eye)

GSF

BDC 1

Captain - 90

BDC 2

Chaplain - 90

10th Company SF

5 Scouts - 55

5 Scouts - 55

5 Scouts - 55

Allied Detachment

Celestine and Geminae - 200

Battle Sister Squad with HB - 70

There's 25 extra points to take a Hunter's Eye or something else. I would need to order 8 Multi-Meltas (probably from Kromlech) but the rest is pretty much good to go. I could swap the allied BSS out for Scouts, but I figured having somewhere for Celestine to hide first turn isn't the worst thing in the world.

In this meta I'd probably skip Celestine and take cataphracti captains for your move and shoot devastator needs.  I like the look of her in ITC format and an Iron Hands BC build with command squad and smash bros.

In this meta I'd probably skip Celestine and take cataphracti captains for your move and shoot devastator needs.  I like the look of her in ITC format and an Iron Hands BC build with command squad and smash bros.

Celestine gives move and shoot and is kind of non-negotiable for this event for me (I want to play her). I'd have to take two catacap to do the same thing she is going to do (just for that part).  And if I'm going to pay 120 for a Catacap or 240 for two, I'd just take something else entirely instead of the MM.

Yeah, I feel like that last one needs a little more "get out and get it" presence. A Drop Pod would be an option, but so would Scouts from a CAD/Allied- Infiltrate is pretty good for parking butts on objectives in the early game.

That's fair. Something like this is what I was looking at earlier:

Castellan's

Celestine - 200

Tac Squad with Melta in Drop Pod - 115

Tac Squad with Melta in Drop Pod - 115

Dominions with 4 Melta  in Repressor - 180

Coteaz - 100

Inquisitorial Henchman Band with 2 Acolytes with Plasma, 3 Acolytes, 2 Servitors with Plasma in Chimera with Psybolt - 140

Regenning drop pods is funny as well.

And 'F killing things, let's just score' list with Castellans:

Celestine - 200

Tac Squad with Melta in Pod - 115

BSS with Melta/HF in Immolator - 140

Coteaz - 100

Scouts in Storm - 95

Scouts with Rifles - 60

9 Regenning Squads and 8 Regenning Transports. Tons of obsec. No chance of actually killing anything.

It would still work on SOB, but her powers are pretty lack luster for SOB.

Saintly Blessings: Celestine can give a 12″ radius buff to friendly non-vehicle Army of the Imperium units at the start of each of your turns. Each buff can only be used once per game, and affect units based on their Battlefield Role (independent chars get effected as long as they stay in the unit):

HQ Units: Zealot until the start of the next turn
Troops: FNP 6+ until the start of next turn.  If models already have FNP, they get a +1 bonus to FNP instead…
Elites: Counter-Attack and Furious Charge until start of next turn
Fast Attack: Crusader and Fleet until start of next turn
Heavy Support: Relentless until start of next turn
Lord of War: It Will Not Die for the rest of the game.