Hinterlands: AoS skirmish campaign rules

Hello all! Apologies if this has already been shared, but a buddy of mine showed me this, basically it's skirmish / campaign rules for Age of Sigmar. Couldn't tell you how it compares to Path to Glory or any other ruleset, but as a Mordheim fiend I though they looked pretty cool from my initial browse. Seems like a good excuse to put some paint on some Fantasy minis :)

http://www.tga.community/files/file/19-hinterlands-skirmish-campaigns-in-the-mortal-realms-by-sam-james/

A poster by the name of "Bottle" from DakkaDakka who moved over to TGA when it opened up had worked on this for some time,,it is pretty good but its not the only rendition of Morheim`ish rules for AoS skirmish out there.

Certainly worth a spin if you have a few others to try it with..I have a heck of a time getting my boys to stick with stuff like that past the first game session,heh.

Oh man, we had a total blast! There are a couple of things that we had to make judgement calls for.

The biggest thing that impacted my side was the bonuses that my Bloodsecrator could give to my troops. Once his Portal of Skulls is planted, everyone within 18" with the keyword "Khorne" gains an additional attack. 18" is as massive section of the 4x4 board. In addition, the Bloodsecrator gives all Bloodreavers within 12" an additional attack. This means that all Bloodreavers had a cumulative 3 attacks each when within 12" of the Bloodsecrator. That's actually pretty powerful in the scope of Hinterlands.

We ended up altering the Rule of Three to be applicable to spells and abilities that effect allies and enemies instead of just enemies. This made a lot of the more powerful Hero effects less overwhelming in such a smaller sized game. The Heroes are still powerful, but not so much so that they immediately overpower the non-hero troops.

• Like 1