The new Stormcast Eternals

Threejacks

For those that want to discuss the new book,feel free to add your findings here:)

First thing I did after I got back from picking up the book a bit ago was to look up the Celestial Vindicator`s Warrior Chamber Battalion.Its very cool that they added these for each of the main chambers from the Realmgates series.

It seems that I will need to obtain more sword wielding SCE units though as their main featured buffs are for swords,kinda makes sense as Thostos used a Sword exclusively,though I dont remember any specific combats were Liberators were wielding swords instead of hammers.No biggie though as they also feature Paladins with their Glaives and those are my fav Paladin build anyway:)

As it is with all the multi-part Battalions,there is no way they are able to be fielded in full numbers within matched play points,but it makes a great modeling goal and allows for all models in the range to be added in as desired.

• 2 weeks later...

So after taking in all the new info the book has in it,,which is a TON of new stuff,im starting to work up some lists,its even got me planning my next Chamber build.

First off,trying to build a 2k list while using the new individual Chamber bonuses is a bit tough in some cases.Its fairly easy to fit in the minimum Battalion tax but coming up with a maxed out Chamber is near impossible in all cases.If games jump to 2500 then it is possible in most cases I believe.The main thing though is that some of the bonuses are based around how units are equiped(as in the case of the Celestial Vindicators) while others will only affect the units in the battalions chosen for the chamber forces.

Comming up with some cool hero builds with all the added artifacts,prayers and mount traits is very nice.Tank Hero`s will be a thing im sure,,along with anti-magic and even healers.

And the new Vangaurd battalions are pretty sweet,I would say they are some of the best in the bunch now.I know I will be running the new Hunters as my Battleline.

Heres what ive come up with to start with:

Celestial Vindicator Warrior Chamber-

Chamber abilities,

Vow of Vengeance-If any models from a unit of Celestial Vindicators are slain,that unit can re-roll failed hit rolls of 1 until the end of the turn.If the unit is armed with Warblades,Grandblades,Storm Gladii,Stormstrike Glaives or Storm Sabres,it can re-roll all hit rolls until the end of the turn.

Bonds of Hatred-The range of the Celestial Supercharge ability of the Hammerstrike Forces is 12" rather than 6".This is the range that the Pallies can drop from the battalion Prosecutors,also gives them +1 to wound on the drop turn.I need to get a question in to the FB page on this one though,as the way they worded it,it has no effect as the Paladins have to drop within 6" of the Prosecutors as per the Hammerstrike rule

Chamber command ability-Speak WIth Your Swords: Friendly units within 6" of your general add 1 to their attacks characteristic of the "blades"(as above).This one can be huge.

Core- Hammerstrike Force Battalion(must have 3 units of Paladins instead of 2)

5-Protectors

5-Retributors

5-Decimators

2 x 3Prosecutors with Javelins

I went with 3 different pally units here as thats what I have built now,,the Protectors would gain the most from the Chamber bonus due to their Glaives.

In order to get my Battleline into the army Im going with Vanguard.I wanted to use a Vanguard Angelos Conclave but may save the cost of the battalion and just use a base force as the battalion bonuses for that one isint that great.

3 x 5 vanguard-Hunters with Storm Sabres

3x Vangaurd Paladors

1-Lord-Aquilor

This would be my base,,I have another 400 or so points to mess around with:)