Recommendations for a good EBay seller.

Scarydog

On 2/23/2017 at 7:05 PM, Scarydog said:

I have a bunch of old GW games and miniatures and would like to clear them out but would like to maximize the value, but suck at internet sales. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good seller?

So the goal is making money? Or is the goal to clear them out? Don't have to pick only one, but you should have a priority.

If the goal is making money, but time is no object, you can set an absurd price and just wait for a buyer that desperately needs your item. On the opposite end, you could post a "make an offer" listing here or craig's list and just take what you can get, but they will likely sell quickly. So, for suggestions to a new internet seller, decide your timetable and that will dictate your other options.

Regarding ebay and internet sales that deal with paypal, understand that there are fees involved, plus potential for scamming customers. It's very easy to create an ebay listing for something and have it sell, or to realize later that your costs only equal or are actually outweighed by the price the item sold at. There are online calculators for this sort of thing, but none accounts for scams. On ebay, in particular, the buyer has a lot of power and can create a scam mostly within the ebay rules and very difficult to prove. Not model related, but a good example is people that buy halloween costumes on ebay, wear them on halloween, then return them because they are "defective" or "not as pictured." My mother is pretty heavy into ebay sales, which is why I know (I get to hear about it every time I see her).

So I like buying things on ebay, but selling often requires being very involved in ebay know-how to avoid issues with random a-holes on the internet. Personally, I prefer the ordo trades, since they are very low effort, usually, since you can meet in person, do the exchange, and not have to worry about return policies or people that have a moral disconnect when doing things exclusively on the internet (this seems to be very common).