Army Builder Options?

So battle scribe works, but it is really clunky and hard to use. I tried 9thbuilder.com and while it is a pretty nice interface they do not seem to have all the points right... what is the point of a builder if you have to do all the math anyway?

I don't feel that I really get my money worth out of a subscription service like Army Builder...

So, any other army construction tools out there?

For what it's worth, Army Builder is no long is a subscription service, just a "buy once" sort of deal. Whether or not it's worth $40 when there are free army creation tools out there is open for debate though, I guess. I purchased it 4 years ago when it was the "only game in town," and I like it much more than Battlescribe (which I do use on mobile). I used the hell out of it for 4 years, so I defiantly feel like I got my money's worth. I also make a LOT of army lists. So maybe it's worth it if you make a ton of army lists / like to theory-hammer stuff out, and don't like Battlescribe, heh.

Not to sound like a fanboy, but I also like the army roster to Army Builder kicks out. I find it to be a good reference so I'm not always flipping through my book, trying to remember what the weapon skill on a Grail Knight is.

All of that aside though, I don't think I would recommend picking up Army Builder until AFTER 2.0 comes out. I seem to recall there being a lot of questions about how the "split" profile was going to look in an army building program.

3 hours ago, valourunbound said:

I find battlescribe mobile to be great.

I did buy AB about... 9? years ago. I've probably got my money's worth by now, but I only really use it for tournaments. For others games I just use notepad.

I started using Battlescribe on android and I've been enjoying that.

For OP, I would try Battlescribe on mobile if you haven't. You might find it a better experience.

2 minutes ago, Grensche said:

For OP, I would try Battlescribe on mobile if you haven't. You might find it a better experience.

I have it but have not had good luck with it. I have not played with it a lot but it seemed like I had to reload my Army Systems every time I loaded it... I was probably doing something wrong.

Just now, dkieft said:

I have it but have not had good luck with it. I have not played with it a lot but it seemed like I had to reload my Army Systems every time I loaded it... I was probably doing something wrong.

Just take your time with it. Update the registry's so the army lists for the game systems you're playing are up to date. I'm sure you'll get it working alright.