Meta down there (pdx)

Jvesal

Hey guys,

I will be down for the annihilation weekender from Vancouver Canada and just curious about the meta down there. We just had wet coast GT up here (73 player ITC) and winners were as you expect Dark reaper heavy eldar and some of the nastier Tyranid list. Lots of superheavy tank guard lists etc. Just curious what kind of stuff people are playing down there so I don't get totally tabled.

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jvesal said:

No clue. I am a casual gamer who is hobby focused. I still don't like to lose every game though.

That is understandable. 

Anyway, I'm far from a compeditive player. My recommendation would be to field what seems fun to you, with a goal of getting off a particular combo or stratagem, and not really worry about the rest. Makes most games into casual games. 

Thanks for the try, Pax, but this might now be your ball of wax.

Jvesal: I would say read through the packet because things are going to be a bit different at this event (Open War cards, etc). A lot of the folks going to this are going to be the kind of folks you would see at other competitive events in the greater area though so I imagine the meta is pretty similar in that respect.

Personally, I'm bringing a Battalion of Sisters, but I'm a bit weird and don't plan on going for best general.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Do you look up these idioms just to confuse me? No clue what this means. I looked it up. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/whole+ball+of+wax Still don't understand it in context to your sentence.

I may be testing to see if you are actually some sort of artificial being by use of unusual idioms.

Could you do me a favor and click the below checkbox?

image01-1.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pretre said:

I may be testing to see if you are actually some sort of artificial being by use of unusual idioms.

Could you do me a favor and click the below checkbox?

image01-1.png

You've met me in person, so none of that. Plus, I'm not really dishonest or computer savvy enough to employ robots. 

9 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

That sounds like something a robot attempting to pass the Turing test would say.

Right, because robots couldn't possibly pass the Turing test? Good for film, not a very credible test. 

2 minutes ago, pretre said:

Physical presence does not counter indicate artificial control.

I suppose, but at that point, how does anyone prove their own existance, much less that of others? 

13 hours ago, andy said:

René Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender looks up and asks, "René, can I get you a beer?"

Rene replies, "I think not" and disappears.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says "Can I get you a drink?"

The replies "I think not, and disappears."

Oh, wait, I already screwed this one up by quoting the other version. I put Descartes before the horse.

• Like 1