Black Friday Apoc Game is a "GO"

zcaust83

15 hours ago, peter.cosgrove said:

Anyone mind playing against this at 1300 points instead of 1400? 1400 was a bit much in the last game.

And change the Ramparts ruling to 10 fire points?

I still think you should just use an existing model's stats and point cost. @Torg Strongly suggest a much lower point cost. It died turn 1 in our apocalypse game after reviecing a surprisingly small amount of firepower. 

Personal suggestion is to just use the stats for a Chaos Bastion (found in the chaos index) and just have it be immobile (~200pts). Last game it didn't really move anyway.

Mission Details for Friday!!

@Torg @happycamper @peter.cosgrove @Nathanvoodoo @ash

Matched play
3000 points per player
current matched play rules and FAQ in effect.
Every Table will have 6 objectives to score on each battle round.

Imperials v. Chaos/Ork/Eldar

::Summary::

the Eldar are trying to revive the Phantom … stranded on a lost and shattered eden world - long ago taken over by chaos.  The Eldar send a strike force to try and get the Phantom which was recently discovered to be still in stasis. With the titan awake, they can cleanse the eden world once and for all and banish the forces of chaos to the warp.

Meanwhile...
The Revenge has crash landed and the Grey Knights have been dispatched to recover an STC relic from the wreckage before the cult of Mars gets to it.  

::Auspex reports the green tide in close proximity and getting closer::

On the same planet; seperated by a chasm of broken ground that is being held in stasis amid a roiling warp storm, is a Chaos Sorcerer and his evil coalition of chaos warbands.

The Chaos Sorceror shattered this section of the planet in order to significantly slow the forces of the Eldar from closing in on their position and stopping him from completing this final ritual in his acsendancy to Daemon Prince.

A LOT of fighting is about to happen at the same time across this once expansive and beatuful eden world...Total and all out WAR. how many objectives can your forces take while being assaulted on all fronts? Who will emerge victorious at the end of the day?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Goal:

-Grey Knights Deploying on the revenge crash site by orbital strike*
-The other astartes can show up via the asteroid table also and attack either side * (kill points, ground objectives, Head Hunter)

-Secure the Revenge Wreckage by controlling 4 of 6 objectives throughout the ship and  activating the onboard macro weapons.

*once an objective area is secured, the controlling players team may call on artillery strikes from the crash site. *(weapon profiles TBD)

Eldar Goal:

Deploying out of warp gates inside the broken earth area* (table quarters)

-An Eldar Spirit Seer must complete the following ritual to awaken the Titan-  

"awaken artifact"

the eldar player needs to cast it with an unmodified 7+ and within 12 inches of the shrine area *(TBD).  Once casted, d3+1 resurrection markers will be placed on the titan shrine.  you will have to cast it in 2 consecutive turns minimum to succeed. Because of the treacherous winds and storms though, each turn that the eldar psyker fails, any previously casted counters will be destroyed.  Once there are 6 counters on the shrine, the Titan awakens and does what titans do.

Chaos Goal:

Deploying on the eldar shrine table via planet strike and also through a portal on the crash site table *(TBD)

-Chaos forces must stop the imperium from securing the revenge weapon systems and complete the ascendancy ritual on the shrine table.

"Ascendancy Ritual"

the chaos player needs to secure 3 sacred points on the shrine table with ONLY characters for 2 consecutive turns to complete the ritual. once completed, all chaos lords become daemon princes and all previously slain daemon princes resurrect from the asteroid table. (ground objectives, kill points, head hunter)

Orks: (ground objectives, kill points and headhunter)

*each head hunter score will confer an additional +1 to the orks.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:52 PM, peter.cosgrove said:

Anyone mind playing against this at 1300 points instead of 1400? 1400 was a bit much in the last game.

And change the Ramparts ruling to 10 fire points?

Pete, how do you think your tower worked out?  I was awesome to look at.  But I wasn’t involved with “dealing” with it. 

Points ok?  Was it over powered or under powered?  Anything you’d like to have been different with it?   It’s Apoc so things are usually fun and crazy.  But it’s good to reflect on how things worked. 

-d

0905CDEA-29BE-4B4F-8A92-D00B7C558E7A.jpeg

I think it was fine. I put it at 1300 points, 70 wounds, 10 firing ports, apoc transport rules, same weapons stats, same descending modifiers. Imperium could have easily killed it in the first turn, but waited till turn 4 to finally wipe it out.

I wasn't paying much attention to the objectives, kill points or mission, was just trying to keep the tower alive as long as possible. The mission was actually rather intricate for an apoc game. Essentially the middle table was actually a no gravity asteroid field, so you had to asteroid hop to get across the board, only flyers could be in the spaces in between. So if you can imagine about 4500 ish points of Chaos against about 7500 points imperium playing hopscotch through an asteroid field in a bunch of terrestial vehicles with the end goal being to drop onto a moon sized space artifact that has warp portal technology to trigger a warp ritual that spawns chaos demon princes that is being guarded by an eldar army while orks and imperium are fighting to capture  a spatially near space hulk and awaken it's capital weapon firing, loading, and tracking controls then that is almost exactly what we didn't do. Because what we DID do was turn the entire battle into a fearpit of complete destruction. Turn 5 I had 16 models left and evidently chaos still won. And Abaddon STILL didn't kill Robo Golo, mainly because we were playing cat and mouse across 4 feet of table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, peter.cosgrove said:

I think it was fine. I put it at 1300 points, 70 wounds, 10 firing ports, apoc transport rules, same weapons stats, same descending modifiers. Imperium could have easily killed it in the first turn, but waited till turn 4 to finally wipe it out.

I seem to recall the issue being that it has a very weak save (for it's point cost) and a degrading toughness. That and happy camper's super heavy tanks....

But if it lasts until turn 4 in apoc, maybe it is worth 1300pts.

you really had to have been there. The mission included this... deep strike mechanic from the asteroid field onto the space artifact from the 3 closest asteroids on that table edge. It took me 4 turns to get the tower close enough to the asteroids that everyone within 12 inches of it jumped off the asteroids to avoid the Explosion of Filth. The sparcity of the asteroids also meant that everyone was clumped up on the asteroids so on first turn I was able to drive it into enough imperium forces that I think nobody wanted to blow it up. The deployment on the asteroid field table also meant that we were able to deploy right next to eachother w/o a 24" neutral zone. I did get an odd look from one of the imperium players regarding the toughness descending modifier, but "It's made of wood" makes too much sense. Torg really captured the tower dynamic in the picture. Since it can't charge or advance it just.. trundled across the asteroids getting closer and closer.

• Like 1