Armageddon Pattern Basilisk Build Log

fingolfen

I'm working on a Death Korps list and one of the vehicles I'm starting with is the Armageddon Pattern Basilisk.  As with most Forge World stuff, if you aren't an experienced model builder, it likely isn't for you.  The resin fighting compartment needed a little attention:

APB%2B-%2Bbottom%2Balignment%2Bproblem.jpg

... or maybe a lot of attention...

APB%2B-%2Btop%2Balignment%2Bproblem.jpg

However, with a little work I was able to get the warpage under control (hot water is your friend!). 

I'm painting the inside of this beast late World War II German (RAL 8012 primer for the floor and RAL 9001 Cremeweiß for the rest).  The sub-floor has a lot of detail, but unfortunately it gets hidden under the floor.  I'm using Ammo of Mig paints and washes for the most part, with a few Alclad 2 metallics and AK chipping color applied with a sponge.

APB%2B-%2Ball%2Bparts%2Bwash.jpg

It's coming out okay so far...

APB%2B-%2Bhull%2Bbonus.jpg

Next steps are to start working on the outside as it will be easier to paint (and mask the completed interior) with the gun uninstalled. Plan is to leave the top removable to show off the insides...

Lots more detail on my blog:  https://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/2018/10/warhammer-40k-armageddon-pattern.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My Armageddon Pattern Basilisk is effectively done at this point. I will likely go back and add some additional weathering when a few more vehicles are completed so I can keep the weathering consistent, but it's ready for the table!

Full photo-set at the link below, but I've attached a few good high-resolution photos to this post to give you an idea of the final product!

https://miniordnancerev.blogspot.com/2018/11/armageddon-pattern-basilisk-done.html

APB%2B-%2Btop%2B-%2Bfront.jpg

APB%2B-%2Brear%2B-%2Binterior%2B-%2Bopen%2B-%2Balt.jpg

APB%2B-%2Brear%2B-%2Bopen.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, splinx said:

Awesome weathering work on the inside. I'll be looking forward to the shots of the weathering continued  onto the outside as well.  Its beautiful but my only issue is that its too clean on the outside at the moment.. 

Great shots though of a nice model. Well done. 

Thanks much - the outside weathering got lost a bit in the lighting.  Right now it's modulation, oil wash, and blacklining.  I'll be adding a little more once I get a few vehicles to work on.