Adeptus Custodes in Kill Team

Norrad

I don't think there's any 2+ armor in kill team. Just too elite for that game. I suggest running some scout marines as Adeptus Custodes Trainees. 

Sisters will probably get rules for kill team around the time GW releases the new plastic sisters models. Maybe sooner. No source for this, just my gut feeling.

I’d like to see 2+ armored units added to Kill Team. I mean, what else is Space Hulk other than a kill team of Terminators fighting Genestealers in spaaaace.

Obviously, you’d need to point them out correctly and probably limit them from certain wargear choices... But it could work.

A Custodes Guardian with just his bolter-spear is probably pretty close to a full 100-Point team on his own; Space Marine and Chaos Terminators are probably 35+ Points, with Deathwing being a bit more if they have some of their special rules ‘ported over; and so forth...

8 hours ago, paxmiles said:

I don't think there's any 2+ armor in kill team. Just too elite for that game. I suggest running some scout marines as Adeptus Custodes Trainees. 

Sisters will probably get rules for kill team around the time GW releases the new plastic sisters models. Maybe sooner. No source for this, just my gut feeling.

Thousand sons have the all is dust rule

however, custodes probably will never be in kill team. One model in 40k is 52 points with a minimum load out. Playing 1 Custode in a 100 point game, or even two or three of them wouldn’t be very fun.

Of course I’m not much of a fan of Kill Team anyway at this point- at least in just quick pick up play. The narrative matches might be fun.

9 hours ago, pretre said:

Why not? I haven't played competitively but just pick up play and it's been a lot of fun.

I played probably around a dozen games against varied players and factions when it first dropped. The balance from mission to mission was awful, some games I f lt my opponent had absolutely no chance of winning, some I found I had absolutely no chance at. Also, not in a ‘I’m not sure I made an effective list’ sort of way,  but in a, ‘wow- this is wholly unbalanced’ kinda way. 

For instance, I played orcs vs thousand sons and the mission was to assasinate his commander. Thats a brutal hill to climb against a 2+ armor save, better shooting, better ap, and so on. However, in games where bodies count over kills orcs were fantastic. So, yeah, in a pick up game- I think it sucks. The rogue trader box looks fantastic, and those missions in it look very fun, but I don’t wanna buy it just to not have anyone play it with me, since I’m sure that’d get stale quick. 

Additionally about out every third match I had someone had a different take on the way the game played and we spent 2 hours rifling thru the rule book for clarification.  It felt a whole lot like older editions of 40k, where people claim- “they were less dumbed down” - well, I must be dumb, because I appreciate the relative simplicity of 8th edition 40k and AOS over their earlier incarnations. Tho I will admit they are pushing it into murky waters lately- especially with the possible addition of ‘formations’.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:08 PM, Nathanvoodoo said:

I played probably around a dozen games against varied players and factions when it first dropped. The balance from mission to mission was awful, some games I f lt my opponent had absolutely no chance of winning, some I found I had absolutely no chance at. Also, not in a ‘I’m not sure I made an effective list’ sort of way,  but in a, ‘wow- this is wholly unbalanced’ kinda way. 

For instance, I played orcs vs thousand sons and the mission was to assasinate his commander. Thats a brutal hill to climb against a 2+ armor save, better shooting, better ap, and so on. However, in games where bodies count over kills orcs were fantastic. So, yeah, in a pick up game- I think it sucks. The rogue trader box looks fantastic, and those missions in it look very fun, but I don’t wanna buy it just to not have anyone play it with me, since I’m sure that’d get stale quick. 

Additionally about out every third match I had someone had a different take on the way the game played and we spent 2 hours rifling thru the rule book for clarification.  It felt a whole lot like older editions of 40k, where people claim- “they were less dumbed down” - well, I must be dumb, because I appreciate the relative simplicity of 8th edition 40k and AOS over their earlier incarnations. Tho I will admit they are pushing it into murky waters lately- especially with the possible addition of ‘formations’.

Agree the balance is bad for kill team, especially against players that just don't care about even match-ups. Especially annoyed with GW's take on only allowing unmodified troops kits for kill team. CSM only have heavy bolters because their heavily dated kit only has heavy bolters in it, while SM get more options because their troops kits are much more updated than my CSM. Just adding insult to injury. 

That said, none of this got me to stop. I ultimately stopped because it was clear that GW intended me to buy lots of stuff to play kill team and I'd rather spend that cash on regular 40k. I left when they added the commanders expansion.

Been really enjoying low points games, lately, of just regular 40k. 

22 hours ago, pretre said:

I think I lost probably 7 of the 8 games I've played so far and still have a good time. Yeah, I had no chance in some missions, but I still had fun. Kill team is way beer and pretzels for me.

That being said, it isn't fun for you. Fair enough. 🙂

I don’t mind losing as long as the games fun, but I don’t like games where the outlook is predestined by the composition. I feel like I was hoping for too much from GW in kill team.