Space Marine Heroes

abstract

4 hours ago, Ish said:

Yep, they’re $7.00 USD each. Wave one is Ultramarines and wave two will be Blood Angels (currently Japan exclusive).

They're only nominally Ultramarines; they don't have any chapter iconography sculpted onto the model, so it's no big deal to use them in other chapters. The second wave in Japan is a bunch of Terminators. Really, the most annoying part of them is that they come with pre-sculpted bases, and their feet are sculpted onto the bases (I have three of them.) Also, they're slightly out of scale with classic marines; they're somewhere between them and primaris. Kind of the same build as the Deathwatch marines. But they're fun to collect, and if you can gather an entire squad of them, they won't look too funky. 

• Like 1

My daughter attends Wednesday night Adventure League for D&D, and figured it was good way to give back to the store for hosting it, by buying 1-2 every Wednesday. I also think the models are pretty good, and would add some new poses to my collection. Wasn't aware that they are taller than classic marines and shorter than Primaris marines.

@paxmiles if you decide to start collecting them, I would be willing to swap duplicates if you are interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abstract said:

@Ish Bridget is her name. I am that guy who strolls around looking at the tables where 40k is being played at GG on Wednesdays, or reading a book while she plays D&D.

No, that’s impossible! I am the guy that strolls around looking at the tables where 40k is... Wait a minute! 

e90486682f662ef77f448c8d7394c74083972c5f

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ish said:

No, that’s impossible! I am the guy that strolls around looking at the tables where 40k is... Wait a minute! 

Why is that? You don't play?

I don't (yet), still have lots of minis to paint, but maybe when I am done with enough we could do a KIll Team match while our kids D&D.

I work swing shift and my “weekend” is Tuesday and Wednesday, which makes it hard to fit family stuff, hobby stuff, and the like into a time that meshes with others. Oldest daughter has D&D Wednesday’s, youngest daughter has het after-school stuff, and I have not yet mastered the art of teleportation...

• Like 1