Slaves to Darkness - Khornate Nightlords

post-1378-0-06420800-1472101080_thumb.jpg

Well, this is clearly a problem that needs addressed.  I think the most obvious answer, especially when also considering the daemons I have for my Librarius Conclave, getting things put back together and running them as KDK is winning.  KDK is exactly how I pictured my Nightlords of Khorne.  Marines and Daemons fighting hand in hand, making the sky rain blood, heralding Galact....Khornes arrival!

Digging through the box, it looks like I have roughly:

3 Juggy Lords

1 Daemon Prince

2 Helbrutes

50+ Marines

20+ Jump Infantry Packs

3 Rhinos

10 Termies

plus the aforementioned:

20 Bloodletters

2 Heralds of Khorne

3 Bloodcrushers

1 Skullcannon

1 Lord of Skulls

No new models will be added to it in the near future.  Too many unassembled, unpainted models to justify purchasing more, even though I'm pretty close to a 30% discount at the LGS (leaning towards HH box and Renegade with that to add 2 more Knights, and 37 marines to the Pinkertons).  

Weapons will need inventoried.  I know I don't really have much in the way of heavy weapons, if any, in this army.  

• Like 1

The SlaughterCult isn't actually that great. The second effect from the Blood Tithe only affects the Units from the SlaughterCult itself, and they're generally not the ones doing the real work for the most part. It also requires Possessed, and they kind of suck, unless your Opponent is coming to you, which generally only happens in two situations: 1) they don't know what they're doing or 2) they can beat you in CC. On top of that, the only thing you've got available as an Auxiliary Choice to go for the Blood Host (which is significantly more worthwhile, with a free Blood Tithe point every Turn) is the Helbrutes, which are also pretty bad, even with the extra Attacks from the Errata. Given what you've got to work with, I'd probably just roll double CAD. Actually, given how pricey the Lord of Skulls is, a single CAD will probably do you fine when you're using him.

I could take my LoS as the Aux choice in the Blood Host.  I could do:

485 - Slaughter Cult

CL 75

CSM 130 

CSM 130

Poss 150

390 - Khorne's Bloodstorm 

Raptors 105

Raptors 105

Talons 180

888 - War Engine

LoS 888

1763 pts just to get on the table with minimum squad size and no gear, yet.  17 Marines, 5 Possessed, 15 Jump Marines and a SH.

That's also 8 Units.  Rounding out the Raptors, Possessed, and Talons to 8 strong will get me pretty close to 2k.  Actually, puts me at 2069, still without any upgrades.  So, instead of that:

Bloodhost

720 - Slaughter Cult

CL 75 

CSM 165 Rhino 

CSM 165 Rhino

CSM 165 Rhino

Poss 150

390 - Khorne's Bloodstorm 

Raptors 105

Raptors 105

Talons 180

888 - War Engine

LoS 888

1998.....and no upgrades.  Ugh?

I say always take the Lord of Skulls when you can, it is just way too much fun to play with! Looking at the models you have, here's what I came up with:

CAD

Chaos Lord on Juggernaut- 120

Chaos Lord on Juggernaut- 120

8 CSM- 185

-Rhino, meltagun, combi-melta

8 CSM- 185

-Rhino, Meltagun, combi-melta

8 Raptors- 207

-Power fist, two meltaguns

8 Raptors- 207

-Power fist, two meltaguns

Lord of Skulls- 888

That puts you at 1912, which gives you some room to kit out your chaos lords how you like. Also, you can upgrade the meltaguns to plasma on a squad or two if you prefer. The idea is that the Chaos Lords run with the Raptors and you only give your opponent one round of shooting before you make it to their lines. It's not necessarily a great list but it would certainly be lots of fun to play! Also, I recommend that you swap out the gatling cannon on the Lord of Skulls for the skullhurler... it's an expensive upgrade at 60 points but I have generally found it to be worth it (especially if you don't have much else in your army).

• Like 2