The Tau I have been anticipating have arrived. :(

JamesBeadle

The boxes were smashed in transit. I took pics of the boxes and opened the larger one which was the most badly damaged, the lid had been smashed and there was a gaping hole. The riptide was broken to pieces. Most of it is repairable, but one of the thin tall fins is bent and hanging beyond easy repair. I've not opened up any of the other wrapped foam packs he sent inside that box. He had agreed to insure it before shipping and I sure hope he did. Fortunately I had him ship first as my feed back was superior, so he essentially has to address it.

Oy.

This Riptide only has its Ion cannon. That was always the least favored of the Hammerhand weapons, I'm assuming it still is?

I bought some pretty damaged Eldar the other day. I sacrificed a war walker and the wraith lord to fix the wave serpent and the wraith knight. They arn't stock, but I managed to make them look not broke anymore. If the deal was good enough you could sacrifice a few pieces to fix the more expensive ones. 

This was a retail to retail trade for half of my Khador army. 

Looks like most of the damage is repairable. Some bits broke of and were lost outside of the box, but nothing my huge bits collection cannot compensate for.

He shipped priority with insurance, but it looks like I will be ok.

I just looked at the book, and yeah, the Ion is cool, thought its tank buster shot gets hot.

Well LH, I only have the one Riptide for now. The army is meant to be an ally force for my Orks, but its shaping up into an army of its own.

Commander Farsight

Cadre Fireblade

Aun'Va

2 x Ethereal

12 Firewarriors w/Farsight Shoulders

12 Firewarriors

12 Pathfinders

Riptide

2x Broadsides w/Missile Pods

2x Broadsides w/Rail Cannons

7 Crisis Suits (5 Built, four as Fireknifes)

Unit of 3 Stealth Suits

Coming in a future trade:

2x Devilfish

Sunshark

XV8 Battlesuit Commander

Super glue is better than plastic cement if you're not happy with the construction. Soak in simple green, scrub, place in freezer. Usually does the trick. Good luck!

Seconded!

Although, if you want to be tricky, you may not even need the bath of simple green. Freezing models works great for getting super glue apart. I have a chest freezer and you just throw them in for a day or so and then pull them out. Things come right apart. :)

Lastly, I'm a fan of super clean over simple green, but whatever works!

• Like 1

If you are freezing models, make sure to let them warm back up to room temperature before you try to break them apart- otherwise the plastic will be just as fragile as the superglue.

The Ion Accelerator is the heavily preferred weapon for the Riptide- the Heavy Burst Cannon really isn't much competition for it at all. You are at least lucky there.

Well LH, I only have the one Riptide for now. The army is meant to be an ally force for my Orks, but its shaping up into an army of its own.

Commander Farsight

Cadre Fireblade

Aun'Va

2 x Ethereal

12 Firewarriors w/Farsight Shoulders

12 Firewarriors

12 Pathfinders

Riptide

2x Broadsides w/Missile Pods

2x Broadsides w/Rail Cannons

7 Crisis Suits (5 Built, four as Fireknifes)

Unit of 3 Stealth Suits

Coming in a future trade:

2x Devilfish

Sunshark

XV8 Battlesuit Commander

Scope my blog for tau posts if youre interested.  Tau is my main army