Shooting From a Transport

jollyork

In the BRB, the rules only talk about passengers shooting from a vehicle moving at Combat or Cruising Speeds. But now we have Super-heavy walkers with Transport Capacity and Firepoints. Additionally, they move 12" normally and have Relentless. So, what happens to a model shooting from a moving SH Walker? 

As far as I can tell, the only weird one is the Stompa, because Walkers don't use the normal Movement Speed bands. For anything else, because there's no exception, they'd be treated the same as passengers in a normal vehicle, so count as moving if it moved at all, and snap shots only if it went over 6".

The fact that the Vehicle itself always fires as stationary doesn't interact with the Passengers at all, nor does the fact that the Vehicle is Relentless. That last bit is actually true of all Vehicles, not just Super-Heavies.

• Like 1

There are no speed bands for Walkers, thus my question. Walkers walk 6" just like Infantry. SH Walkers walk 12", with no additional notes/rules about effects. (at least, that's how I interpret movement for Walkers)

So it would appear by RAW, passengers are unaffected by a Walker's movement and fire as if stationary. ROI is... anyone's guess?

As per the reference chart on p.426, walkers (and thus presumably superheavy walkers) can only move at Combat Speed (or remain stationary, of course.) Cruising Speed is listed as "N/A" for them.

Great find! I forgot that many times rules are found in the reference and not in the rules... lol.