DA tactics against cypher

Finally read this guy's rules. Looks like he gimps my DA. Yeah, if I kill him and am within 1-6" I score extra, but my opponent is at a huge advantage if he just hides cypher behind a rock all game.

Also, thanks to the stupid wording, in order to yield any VP for my side, I basically need to be in assault with cypher and only with DA models.

I also remain unclear if he counts as CSM for my preferred enemy.

Suggestions?

-Pax

If your Opponent hides Cypher behind a rock, you take advantage of the fact that he's playing 200 Points down, and has -1 Ld on his Warlord. You should be able to leverage that into at least a couple of extra VPs.

Yeah, might work for me too.

Still, annoying in general when opponent can generate additional VP. I suppose, a list could be themed around this with Bjorn and Cypher in one list. Might be another I'm not thinking of, but the idea would be to ignore the standard objectives and just bring your own...

I will note that despite his special rule giving zealot to the DA models with inner circle, most of the DA models don't have that special rule. It does transfer from ICs, but models with the inner circle are already fearless, so really, Cypher just gives inner circle models, and their units, hatred (universal, as it looks). Hmm...I suppose I could make use of this if I included some assault units.

I remain unclear if Cypher is considered CSM if fielded as just a character, or if he only counts as such when taken with his fallen.

I'm also wondering if his I:8 is meant as a hard counter for the Darktalon's Stasis Bomb, which lowers it by 3, making his initiative "5" much more reasonable for SM/DA players.

-Pax