Kill Team Crazy Question

Murphy'sLawyer

Unless there's something special in the Kill Team Rules, the Centurion wouldn't get to Scout, since it's Very Bulky, and thus doesn't benefit from RG Chapter Tactics. That said, they do kick out some pretty impressive firepower, and they're Relentless from Slow and Purposeful, so he doesn't just have to stand there.

Problem with the Cent is that, while it's firepower is certainly absurd, it can only kill one model per turn and you're looking at a 60pt investment for just the base weapon loadouts. And S&P hurts a lot because not being able to run and only having standard Infantry movement will make it super easy to out-maneuver it.

It's the kind of thing I'd bring later in a campaign when I felt like I really needed to bust out the big guns, but in a starting team it just seems like too many points on a single slow model.

Good points Chaos Lord. After some thought I just might go with a Sternguard with a Heavy Weapon with Suspensors. Cheaper and a Las Cannon will still have a 24" range.

@Last Bullet- We're playing the HoR rules not GW's. Better rules set for those who are into skirmish games. GW's is just kind of not my thing. Not a seriously well thought out rules set that just feels more like a 40k lite.

If you love skirmish games check out Heralds of Ruin Kill Team.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Hor kill team allows a model with a weapon that has a rof of 2+ can split its fire to another target within 3" at minus 1 to bs. With a high rof tl platform like the centurion can kill two models per turn.

Been looking at the points and a Sternguard with a heavy flamer might be a gem. A heavy flamer will be interesting becuase you can auto hit several targets at once and ignore cover! ST5 AP4 is going to cuase issues for all non-marine armies and still make SM armies throw those dice often enough to make them uncomfortable.

Next game I am going to have to run a heavy flamer to see how it performs.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Its hard to fit heavy weapons since you can snipe models now with these rules. Keep it cheap and it will work. Personally I think heavy bolter is same price better choice since 36" is good range.

I'm not a fan of heavy weapons on Sternguard in general in KT. Their Special Issue Ammo is just so freaking good I can't justify paying points and losing access to it, because after the Heavy replaces his boltgun the Stern is just a super-expensive Tac for all practical purposes. I'd either put the Heavy on a Tac or just skip it entirely and throw a combi-plas or two on the sternguard or leader.