Banesword question

The unfortunate answer is that there really aren't any rules for such a weapon, although it's not terribly hard to derive some. The rules for shooting generally talk about "in range" rather than "inside maximum range," so we can draw from that the presumption that the blast marker would have to be placed over a model within the weapon's range band (although it could scatter inside the minimum range or outside the maximum.) Since it has other weapons on the chassis that don't have minimum ranges, we generally don't have to worry about the issue of whether or not you could pull casualties from inside the minimum range- simply insure there are other wounds in the wound pool as you resolve the main cannon and it won't matter at all thanks to the FAQ.

May I suggest the compromise of treating it like barrage weapons in that under the minimum range it scatters at full distance.  I don't think that is RAW or even RAI, but I think it is a sensible work around.  

That would also make sense.

So far, I fail to understand the fluff reason for the minimum range.

-Pax

It's not hard to reason out, even for a direct-fire weapon- the fuses on the shell might be timed for safety reasons, or the gun might have a minimum elevation, or the properties of the weapon could be such that the shell simply can't detonate any earlier than that.

Come on, haven't we all learned not to apply common sense to this game?

• Like 1

It's not hard to reason out, even for a direct-fire weapon- the fuses on the shell might be timed for safety reasons, or the gun might have a minimum elevation, or the properties of the weapon could be such that the shell simply can't detonate any earlier than that.

Looked into it. Apparently, weapon is the same one that some titans can carry, so it's really more that it's a weapon designed for a larger vehicle. Only other vehicle I can find that can include it is the warlord titan, so, yeah, it's as abuse puppy said, except designed for a much taller vehicle.

-Pax