Ork Dreadmob Cheese,or?

Threejacks

Wanted to get the opinion of those playing in the Planetary Empires event before I settle on my Boss choices for my Ork lists.

BTW  AgentP,great idea having the dedicated named bosses for this:)

Since I`m using the Dreadmob army supplement I`m contemplating using Mekboss Buzzgob as my main warlord.Now Buzzgob on his own is average as far as named 3 wound Ork bosses as he doesn't have an invuln save.His "Mek arms do give him +D3 attacks in the first round of combat and with init 4 are resolved as a big choppa (+2 Str) so he can be a beast in CC but with poor armor save wont last long.

WS 5/BS 2/S 5/T 5/W 3/I 4/ A 3/ Ld 9/sv 4+

He costs 100 points so about right for what hes got..

Now the big deal about this guy in the new update is that he can take as an upgrade "Buzzgob`s Kustom Stompa" as an upgrade of a mere 300 points!..yes that's a Big Mek Stompa from the recent 40k Apoc book with a base cost there of 830 points for ....300 points.Now I don't know if this is intended epic cheese wheel shat or just a misprint but they have yet to put out any corrections for the army list.

The way it works if one does take the Stompa upgrade is that if the stompa does get wrecked then he is placed on the table on a roll of 5+.Otherwise if the stompa doesn't leave a wreck or the roll is failed then its a warlord kill.

Also Buzzgob doesn't roll on the warlord chart and instead has the "Mek Master" warlord trait meaning that any Deff Dreads or Mega-Dreads within 6" of Buzzgob( or his stompa) count as both Scoring and Denial units..oh and his Stompa counts as a Scoring/Denial unit too...yeah its a LoW and it scores too!

As far as the Big mek stompa goes I think its one of the least favorable Stompa builds especially now that the Kustom stompa is usable as a LoW.

The Big Mek stompa has the Lifta droppa.,,sure it will likely destroy any vehicle it hits but having to hit with BS2 and the target can take covers from it means that you would do well to even get 2 hits in a game.

It has the new Gaze of Mork  60"  str D AP2  Heavy 1---3 Big Shootas and a Mega Claw(titan CC weapon stat line)

It also has the power fields ..the number is determined at the start of the battle by rolling a d6.

20 model transport capacity with up to 10 being able to shoot out hatches.

for an additional 100 points a Deff Kannon can be taken in the belly..thats the Str 10 ap1 massive blast.

With the rules on how we are to play our chosen army leaders for this campaign I would only be able to use Buzzgob every other week and thus only be fielding a LoW every other week as I don't intend to bring a different Stompa and Big mek in the off weeks,they just wouldn't fit in with Buzzgobs boys,heh.

As for my armys "XO" that's going to be a Painboss by the name of" Doktor Klawvorkian" ( ive got a painted up Grotsnick and that's all I can think of when I look at him,heh)

Anyhow..so is this cheap LoW option in the dread list over the top? Should I stick to my other lists using the Stock Apoc Stompa?

I was under the impression you upgraded his Stompa for 300 points. It's entirely possible I misread that though;)

This is the entry for it under his listing;

"Buzzgob’s Kustom Stompa

In games of Warhammer 40,000: Apocalypse, or other

large scale battles, Buzzgob may be exchanged for a Big

Mek Stompa for +300 points (see Warhammer 40,000:

Apocalypse, page 272). Buzzgob’s Big Mek Stompa uses

all of the rules for a Big Mek Stompa and may select any

of the options available to one for the same points cost.

When this option is selected, Buzzgob counts as a Lords

of War choice and an army that includes him may not

select another Lords of War choice."

Now most posts ive read about it seem to be in agreement that its allowing him to be exchanged for the Stompa as a +300 point upgrade over his original 100 pts.If it was an additional 300 on top of the 830 for the Big Mek Stompa then I guess one would be paying 300 points to make the stompa a scoring unit which is not worth it at all.

Some  believe that the intent was for the upgrade to be for the "Kustom Stompa" which is 350 points base with no weapons or gear .This seems to make sense as his Stompa is listed as "Buzzggob`s Kustom Stompa"..but then of course they go on to list the Big Mek stompa so yeah..clear as mud as usual I guess,lol.I would much prefer the Kustom stompa option even with its eventual higher price because you can take Bursta cannons and a lot of other fun stuff with it.

Also Con,

Stompa`s are all 13/13/12 AV   but they are the only LoW with 12 HP`s I think

Had to read up on this one.

So first, entry regarding superheavy is specific to apocalypse, not escalation. The Dreadmob update does include notes on escalation and apocalypse, so when it specifically says it's for apocalypse size games, I think it means actual apocalypse. You may recall me asking AgentP if I could use the 200pt upgrade to make my IG superheavy into an HQ, as per apocalypse rules, and it was a no.

Second, looks like you can't use a kustom stompa as a LoW. If you look on the dreadmob update, the kustom stompa is not on the list of ork LoWs.

Third, the stompa does have a transport capacity. You can just put buzzgob in a stompa and call it good. He can even repair from the inside....

-Pax

Ahh ok..its still a bit confusing though as they state that "

Also it would be very much like what Pax was stating about his HQ BB variant.

No biggie though..I have a Big Mek boss by the name of "TorkJaw" that ill field with his Escalation Stompa.Hes got a KFF which II would prefer anyway:)

Thnx for the responces!

Ahh ok..its still a bit confusing though as they state that "

Also it would be very much like what Pax was stating about his HQ BB variant.

No biggie though..I have a Big Mek boss by the name of "TorkJaw" that ill field with his Escalation Stompa.Hes got a KFF which II would prefer anyway:)

Thnx for the responces!

Just a heads up, the Big Mek Stompa on pg273 of the GW apoc book (current one) is also an option instead of the regular stompa. It's on the list of Dreadmob LoWs. Both are transports.

-Pax