XCOM: Enemy Unknown is the best 40k Kill Team sim

If there was ever a game that plays and feels a lot like a Kill Team game this would be it. Everything just feels like 40k to me. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I have to believe the creative team plays some type of tabletop wargame. :)

I am probably going to get Enemy Within once I get into Unknown. I am playing on PC with the graphics boosted (Geforce GTX 760 with 16gb RAM) and it looks a lot better than I thought it would when I bought the game. It's not Crysis 3 graphics by any means but it's still very nice. 

Anyway it blows away other turn based games of it's type and if you game electronically you should give it  a shot.

I'm still on my first run-through of Enemy Within.  Love all the new battlefields and missions; for some reason I like fighting Exalt more than the aliens.  I spend the first few months stressing out about satellites and have only just dipped into Gene Mods (or whatever).  Don't think I'll do the Mech guys this run-through as I haven't been having much problem taking down the Sectoid ones.   Will switch it up next time.

Starting in South America might not have been the best idea but the instant autopsies are nice.  Helps unlock the new stuff quickly and give me time to skip over Beam Weapons 

I like fighting Exalt because you don't get yelled at for blowing them up! 

I finished my first run through on the easiest level, I've got a good feel for the game now. When I get some time I'll go through again.

In case you haven't come across it: http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/XCOM_Wiki Some pretty good info in there. 

I tried the Gene Mods simple to help with fighting off Psi-Attacks / upping will power. Also tried out a Mech trooper for a mission or two. It was OK. Hard to swap out the slot for the heavy. I am going to try the remote vehicles next time I run through. 

WHOA, you don't play with a MECH? The 3rd level paladin mech is insane, also need to research the gun upgrade for it (forget the final one)! I love getting the Healing mist on that durable tank, also upgrade the gun and wow. My mech by the end could outrun all my guys, do 16 damage in a non crit shot, and heal TWICE area affect the whole team for 6hp a pop.

• Like 1

Mech and Gene Mods are insane. I recommend both. Second, I never start in South America, but you pick it up in the first month or so since it only costs 2 satellite.

The only reason I'm not playing it right now is I was playing Normal Ironman with Marathon and the Random Skills and my PS3 corrupted the save. UGHGGGHGHGHGH

WHOA, you don't play with a MECH? The 3rd level paladin mech is insane, also need to research the gun upgrade for it (forget the final one)! I love getting the Healing mist on that durable tank, also upgrade the gun and wow. My mech by the end could outrun all my guys, do 16 damage in a non crit shot, and heal TWICE area affect the whole team for 6hp a pop.

oh..... I will reconsider the error my ways on the next run through.

Yeah, by the end of my Classic (non ironman), I had the mind control resistance on all my team. I had 6 Colonel's and pretty much immune to mind control (not my mech). I actually ended up sneaking into position with my sniper with the ghost armor and 1 rounded the enemy bosses as I moved everything into position. It was definitely more powerful than pre-enemy within.