update to the site and statistical information

I notice our site is now keeping track of "likes" per day....Even seems to have some sort of contest, where informs who "won" the most likes per day, on a given day. So, two questions:

First, are we supposed to be posting for the purpose of getting likes?

And the more important, Second, what other information is this site now collecting (and possibly sharing)?

38 minutes ago, pretre said:

Are you supposed to be posting valuable content for others to enjoy? Yes.

Are you supposed to be posting crud in order to get people to like your posts? Probably not.

Should totally follow up with a bunch of random Memes....

As far as I can tell, "likes" mostly reflect who posts the most pictures. Not that other content isn't "liked," but "likes" on posts with photos far outweigh legitimate posts regarding valuable information. Not complaining, I often "like" them too,  but I haven't found the "like" option to reflect quality of posts.

10 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Should totally follow up with a bunch of random Memes....

As far as I can tell, "likes" mostly reflect who posts the most pictures. Not that other content isn't "liked," but "likes" on posts with photos far outweigh legitimate posts regarding valuable information. Not complaining, I often "like" them too,  but I haven't found the "like" option to reflect quality of posts.

And yet, I post a ton of rumor stuff and that is probably how I get most of my likes. :)

1 minute ago, savion47 said:

I have noticed that I am once place behind you on the Top members leaderboard Pax... I'm coming for you...

If you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly very competitive. I'd be happy to not be one of main posters for this site if it was because the others were just posting more often.

Though, for post padding, it just counts the posts and the likes, not the length of the post or reason for the likes. Should be pretty easy to generate lots of likes or posts, in a quick manner, if this is some sort of competition and you really want that.

1 minute ago, paxmiles said:

If you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly very competitive. I'd be happy to not be one of main posters for this site if it was because the others were just posting more often.

Though, for post padding, it just counts the posts and the likes, not the length of the post or reason for the likes. Should be pretty easy to generate lots of likes or posts, in a quick manner, if this is some sort of competition and you really want that.

Worst case scenario I have admin privileges and will just go in and change how it is counted. :biggrin:

• Like 3