Local Meta vs Composition vs Restrictions

I think it's a good frame work but i disagree with some of their pricing, for necrons in particular.  I think anni barges should be ( C-2).  I think those ratings have some holes as well though, Thunderfire cannons should be (c -2) as well imo

*Was there a comp hit for ally'ing with yourself?  Not that I could see, I think that should be a comp hit

*There should also be a comp hit for taking a BB as an ally

Looking closer I think you are right on the ally thing. Not seeing references to divnation access psykers and shareable usrs... Also mephiston 5 credits? Nah he is good but that feels marginally excessive.

I'd love you all to work through your usual lists like what we have come to the concensus of what is okay around here and let me know how the points work out and if you feel the overall is fair, try not to get stuck on specific unit/model workups just the list overall. Once we know if the system works macro we can get nitty gritty maybe...

My army adds up to 5 points if Im reading it right.

1 Tyberos

2 for a par of land raiders

1 for having 25 scoring units is power armor

1 honour guard

Not a scary list but fun to play.

points may be higher as my army rules are cool but hard to make useful

Actually, you subtract the points spent from 20, so if you added stuff up right, you have an incredibly fluffy army at 15 points.  :smile:

What Swedes have to say about Swedish Comp or "komp": http://kirbysblog-ic.blogspot.com/2010/09/reply-swedish-comp.html

Arguing about whether someone should play comp is as [big bad swear word]-minded as arguing about what type of ice cream you prefer. Or what your favorite sexual position is. Different strokes for different folks. No need to be narrow-minded, there's room in this world enough for all.

1 Tyberos

1 honour guard

Actually, you subtract the points spent from 20, so if you added stuff up right, you have an incredibly fluffy army at 15 points.  :smile:

Landraiders are C-2, therefore 1pt for the first one and 3pts for the second for a total of 4pts.

Also, isn't Tyberos Forgeworld?  Is FW allowed at these events?

Are your 25 power armour guys on foot? Because transports over 3 adds more negatives to the score as well as pods arriving turn 1 (C-1).

1 Tyberos

1 honour guard

Need to add the cumulative modifier for the Raiders, so you are at 7 credits or a score of 13/20 right in the ballpark for events as I see it. I'm of the mind that the credit for scoring bodies in 3+ save should be worded or better to take into account scoring termies so you list might hit one more (20 marines and 5 termies for scoring) but those are minor quibles!

Landraiderss are C-2, therefore 1pt for the first one and 3pts for the second for a total of 4pts.

Also, isn't Tyberos Forgeworld?  Is FW allowed at these events?

Are your 25 power armour guys on foot? Because transports over 3 adds more negatives to the score as well as pods arriving turn 1 (C-1).

He has two rhinos and the landraiders are heavy support so not dedicated transports... The Raiders are already Hitting him and the global states rhinos razorbacks or chimeras. Is it just me or is the "global" stuff more like forces of the imperium :).

Btw I'm planning on sharing our discourse with these guys might be interesting to colaborate with them. Definate issues but it is a wonderful starting point and good to see the armies hitting around 10 like I had hoped and believed we would as a fairly soft meta.

Arguing about whether someone should play comp is as [big bad swear word]-minded as arguing about what type of ice cream you prefer. Or what your favorite sexual position is. Different strokes for different folks. No need to be narrow-minded, there's room in this world enough for all.

Just putting the link out there for some different perspective on the comp system. I'm not  judging anyone so I'm not sure how I ended up being narrow minded or did I just misread that?

Just putting the link out there for some different perspective on the comp system. I'm not  judging anyone so I'm not sure how I ended up being narrow minded or did I just misread that?

You totally misread that! I intended to refer to the anti-compers on the link you posted being narrow minded, not you! Arguing about how other people prefer to play seems pretty silly. The swedes response pretty much seems to be "play however you enjoy the game", which I agree with.

Yes FW is allowed in some events as most of the FW armys are not any more powerful then there standard counterparts. My chapter master didnt even get a iron halo and is not a eternal warrior Logan from the spacewolves would call him cupcake and make him ware a dress. Only real nasty rule for my army is I get ccws on my troops for 1 point.

All in all there a assault army that trades in all the defence of space wolves for some fun assault rules like they can get rage if they win a assault. So all in all as a FW army only real advantage I score is that my tac marines are assault effective for 2 assaults not 1.

Thank you for the clarification on counting points so i spent 7 points of 20 landraiders are fun fun fun.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.