Tuesday 3/18

Fix

Hey to everyone I talked to about the Saturday X-wing at Cosmic Comics, I just got some details and it has changed.  It's not a tournament this time, it's a demo and casual play starting at 4:00 (Sat Mar 22nd).  

There will be participation prizes for anyone who plays a match or learns the demo (alternate art B-wing cards I think).  So more of a casual gaming event but I think it will be fun and we should get to rub shoulders with new players.  

They have the season 1 prize kit and will be running a tournament with it eventually so we can keep an eye out for that.  I'm sure they'd take input on the best timing for that.  Not a bad way to practice for the Dark Tower Tournament on the following Saturday the 29th.

You want to watch Valhalla Rising.

I don't know if it was mentioned, but it's got Vikings.  And it's good.

Just watched it. Kinda worked cross-purpose to my hobby though - it's the kind of film you have to actually watch. Not certain what I thought. Visually stunning, quiet punctuated with horrific acts (like I felt when I read The Road). Overall, an epic tale of the best known of Viking past-times: sitting quietly.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.