zcaust83

Looking to guage interest in an overnight 40k league. I have access to a store with 6 tables and terrain, wide open parking lot and 24 hour mexican food directly across thr the street. The store is also a snack bar so I can serve you sodas and snacks AND beer until 2am. 

Buy in will be 20$ monthly with store supported prizing and the hours would be from 11pm until 6am. 

I would also like to open up the league to ITC scoring. You can collect itc points for leagues and I have the "simplified itc score sheet" from Reece and Frankie so that we can submit monthly placing scores if you're into that. 

Let me know in this thread if anyone would be interested. Like i said, we have 6 tables so the current limit is 12 players. 

I wouldn't mind running a narrative campaign either so we can go that route with the league as well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zcaust83 said:

Looking to guage interest in an overnight 40k league. I have access to a store with 6 tables and terrain, wide open parking lot and 24 hour mexican food directly across thr the street. The store is also a snack bar so I can serve you sodas and snacks AND beer until 2am. 

Buy in will be 20$ monthly with store supported prizing and the hours would be from 11pm until 6am. 

I would also like to open up the league to ITC scoring. You can collect itc points for leagues and I have the "simplified itc score sheet" from Reece and Frankie so that we can submit monthly placing scores if you're into that. 

Let me know in this thread if anyone would be interested. Like i said, we have 6 tables so the current limit is 12 players. 

I wouldn't mind running a narrative campaign either so we can go that route with the league as well. 

To start up I would need about 6 people ready to sign up before I get final approval and then we need to all settle on the best day during the week to have our league night. 

Also, thanks for reading!

3 hours ago, zcaust83 said:

Interested, but it would very much depend on the store. 

More specificially, I would need to be able to bring my own food and drink, the store would need to be a friendly atmosphere both in the players and the staff, and it would need to be in a location where if I found it unbearable I was able to leave on my own. 

Additionally, I would be much more interested in this during the summer, or otherwise the warmer periods of the year, as the night is much more pleasent then. 

PS: this would be a fun thing to do at WOW. 

This would be perfect for wow indeed. The store is in vancouver so you personally may have a problem getting there I don't know. The atmosphere is much like wow I like to think. Just ask any of our players. I am cultivating a beer and pretzels atmosphere with friendly gamers who arent power players or rules lawyers and so far I believe we have a great group out there. You can totally bring yer own food though and no outside drinks except water bottles

49 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Interested, but it would very much depend on the store. 

More specificially, I would need to be able to bring my own food and drink, the store would need to be a friendly atmosphere both in the players and the staff, and it would need to be in a location where if I found it unbearable I was able to leave on my own. 

Additionally, I would be much more interested in this during the summer, or otherwise the warmer periods of the year, as the night is much more pleasent then. 

PS: this would be a fun thing to do at WOW. 

Also, as far as the staff, its me you'll be dealing with and im as friendly as anyone lol

1 hour ago, Yarbicus said:

Where?

Fate and Fury Games in Vancouver. Its 20 minutes from my apt in SE

Well, Vancouver doesn't work for me, but don't let that stop you from doing this. I very much encourage a night league to form. If one does form at WOW, I am interested. 

Could also do one somewhere else. Doesn't even need to be a hobby place if we can get the space set aside and bring our own terrain. 

There's a 24 hour coffee shop at the Orenco Max Station (Hillsboro, Oregon) that will let people have a private a Conference room if they agree to buy $50 in food/drinks. I've debated that for 40k or RPG groups.  Dunno how many 40k tables could be set up in there, though. 

I've tried doing this sort of thing at Churches in the past, but people that play these games seem to be very wary of playing them at churches. Pretty easy to get a cheap or free room at church. Might be worth a revisit. 

I will note that 8e does have rules for games with 3+ players. So if space is the constraint, you could have more people play on less tables that way. 

49 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Well, Vancouver doesn't work for me, but don't let that stop you from doing this. I very much encourage a night league to form. If one does form at WOW, I am interested. 

Could also do one somewhere else. Doesn't even need to be a hobby place if we can get the space set aside and bring our own terrain. 

There's a 24 hour coffee shop at the Orenco Max Station (Hillsboro, Oregon) that will let people have a private a Conference room if they agree to buy $50 in food/drinks. I've debated that for 40k or RPG groups.  Dunno how many 40k tables could be set up in there, though. 

I've tried doing this sort of thing at Churches in the past, but people that play these games seem to be very wary of playing them at churches. Pretty easy to get a cheap or free room at church. Might be worth a revisit. 

I will note that 8e does have rules for games with 3+ players. So if space is the constraint, you could have more people play on less tables that way. 

Im not opposed to meeting up at another venue either. Free/cheap space at a church sounds like a great idea too. Maybe it just doesn't dawn on some people to hobby game at a non hobby place lol I wanted to have people meet up at my friends ihop over night when he was working there. Couldn't get people interested though