The new IG book

Man you need a boatload of dice to run the Space Military. I mean AssTray Military I mean (man this is easier than trolling with a bass boat).

In all seriousness this might become a thing so We better read up. Thank goodness there's a lot of IG players here.

Assuming you can get them all in rapid fire range at the same time, 50 conscripts w lasguns, the extra order, and successful prescience will get about 83 hits on average, leading to about 27 wounds against marines, leading to about 9 dead marines.  This coming from approximately a 200 point unit.

In the capable hands of trained guardsmen, that number goes up to 12 dead marines.  From a 300 point unit.

For 205 points, you could hit them with a prescienced Leman Russ Executioner and it wouldn't matter if they were Centurions, you'd be talking about some dead-assed marines.

I was really hoping for something that would give flavor to the different type of regiments, because the imperial guard is not supposed to be a combined arms army. Its supposed to be tank regiments, infantry regiments, artillary regiments and whatnot. Where if you wanted combined arms you had to get help from another regiment. I was hoping something would help represent that.

Oh, it'll come.  They've got a new way of doing that now.

Well yeah, theres a bunch a combinations that with precience will just anihalate just about anything.

I'm just saying that the wall of las isn't really the scariest implementation of prescience.  It's a lot of dice, but it doesn't actually add up to that much.

Oh yeah, it came out a week before the IG dex did.  It's basically Stormtroopers writ large, which is all right because hot shots are better now because the orders affect them now.

I wouldn't call it a quiet launch, though, since it featured half of the new kits.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.