To fill a void [HbE log]

Now that Donnie has moved on from Highborn Elves, is it my turn to join the fray?

I thought a good first step would be to finally dust off my dragon. It had been sitting at my parents for about 10 years. I never knew how to get it up here as I was always flying and it wasn't exactly compact (a wing had been glued on). Well it turns out if you wait long enough, things will happen. My parents moved up here and solved that problem for me by bring it with them!

Unfortunately, during those ten years, my nieces and nephews has come upon it and many of my other models that were stored there. Here is what the dragon looked like when I finally got my hands on it again.R2YMkqP.jpg

The missing tail piece was long gone even before I left it behind. What's broken here is the lance, which already had a pin, the banner and a wing. One wing was glued, the other was a press fit. The rider was never glued on. 

Here it is after I glued everything back together. I'm really impressed with how the banner came out. It was such a small tip at the end that I was worried it would just fall off.

kjli8yk.jpg

And here is the whole army, sans the dragon.

jmye89c.jpg

Maybe I'll bring it out next game day? Who knows. I haven't thought about a list yet but I'm sure I'll come up with something soon.

• Like 1

Dat's a big mob o' pansy elfs, it is. Da red is a nice color, it'll make `em run away from da orcs fasta. Give da boar-boyz a good work out! 

Five outta five, but we'ze gotta deduk... dedunk... deduct! We'ze gotta deduct sum points becuz nobody likes elfs. So, umm... One outta five.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, paxmiles said:

If you ever ditch the elves, those would make great Vampire Counts too....

2 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

Odd that Vampire Counts keeps coming up in relation to you John....

You guys are killing me. I'm going to have something like 5 armies by the end of the year, I don't need a 6th. Especially when my heart belongs to the rats 💗

1 hour ago, valourunbound said:

You guys are killing me. I'm going to have something like 5 armies by the end of the year, I don't need a 6th. Especially when my heart belongs to the rats 💗

Have you considered Frostgrave or Saga?

Great ways to indulge in ADMCD (Attention Deficit Miniature Collecting Disorder) as you only need 12-20 models for a Frostgrave band and rarely need more than 60 for a Saga skirmish army.

1 hour ago, valourunbound said:

Well there's an easy tie in. Go Nosforatu with vampire counts and use a mix of HE and Skaven models.