obviously we can't meet up yet, but when stores start opening gaming space to the public, lets battle!

I have everything needed to play so you wouldn't need to bring anything. we have a couple players from before the covid time who are still interested in playing and you can join us in our facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/706562279784254/

I will have to check back here often to maintain that link so feel free to message me here on this thread or on facebook messenger or by joining the facebook group

Places we can meet:

in Oregon City- Geeks and Games (now open in a limited sense to the public!!) table space is by reservation due to distancing.

in Portland- Red Castle games (7160 SE Foster Rd, Portland, OR 97206)* this is their new location, not yet open to the public for gaming

Guardian Games (345 SE Taylor St, Portland, OR 97214)*not yet open to the public for gaming

WOW clubhouse (717 SE Main St, Portland, OR 97214)*now open with limited space available so scheduling is key

in Vancouver- Dice Age Games (5107 E 4th Plain Blvd #105, Vancouver, WA 98661)*not yet open to the public for gaming

Edited by zcaust83

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, Bolo said:

Zcaust83 I used to play back in the day (80's & 90's). Just picked up the new boxed set a few days ago. Once Covid stuff calms down ... let's get together and you can teach me the ropes.

Hell yea id be happy to. I've gotten a group together again and have been going to geeks and games on sundays. I hear the clubhouse is open again as well so if you're comfortable going out there, I could definitely come out and show you the greatness that is battletech lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So, back in mid-January, I placed an order for five `Mechs with Warhansa.com. They just arrived in my mailbox today... a month and a half isn't all that bad since they were being shipped all the way from Moscow. I haven't had a chance to assemble them yet, but they look really good. 

Warhansa is basically just selling 3D prints of designs taken from MechWarrior Online... But slapping new names on them, so we can all pretend these guys are unique. 

Lots of nice surface detail, fairly clean parts, with a wee bit of flash and infill (but nothing worse than I ever saw on Ral Partha's pewter minis back in the day), that all come as multipart kits. They're a bit bigger than the old Ral Partha / Iron Wind Metals figures, but seem to have a much better sense of scale relative to each other.

I'm really happy with my purchase and will probably add more soon.

F5FD48C5-1635-4B49-A1A6-9943922E19C9.thumb.jpeg.f81763bd58255b2bc856758487a11131.jpeg

Warhansa’s “Firebird” which is totally not a Phoenix Hawk. Wink-wink. 

7C3672EE-BB69-45F9-B5D8-B3DE0B7D9CC2.thumb.jpeg.48a8cd3e949d63c984b897d5ea1f4119.jpeg

“Looter” and “Firebird,” for all your high-speed, low-armor laser spam needs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zcaust83 said:

Geeks and Games is back on the menu boys! message me here or in the thread if you're interested in setting up a game. we can discuss era/technology beforehand of course.

Sadly, Geeks & Games is a little too far out for me to get to. I don't have a car and live on the NoPo / NE Portland border. Getting down to Oregon City via public transportation is possible, but it's something like a two hour trip one way! I would probably do it for a special event or something... But, otherwise, I can only really play at Guardian, Portland Game Store, or the Ordo clubhouse.

But I've got new giant stompy murder robots! So life is good.