Dracones Solis Crusade list

Mulgrok

I edited the list to include the recent PL changes and randomized unit selection.  I have no doubt the indomitus stuff will all go up 1-2 PL when the new codex hits.

Dracones Solis is just faux latin for Sun Dragons, a Salamander successor chapter.

Using successor chapter tactics: 

Whirlwind of Rage: units gain an additional hit on unmodified hit rolls of 6 until the end of the turn if they heroically intervene, charge, are charged

Hungry For Battle: +1 to all advance and charge rolls

1 win out of 3 battles

63 PL

8 crusade points

0 RP out of 8 RP total

-3 RP: supply limit

-2 RP: relics

-3 RP: WL traits

+ HQ +

Cikar Ur'Venn - Captain in Gravis Armor [6 PL, +1 crusade points]: 4 xp - The Imperium's Sword

Sholta Ekshor - Librarian [6 PL, +5 crusade points]: 6 xp - 4) Drakeskin, 5) Fury of Nocturne, Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack, Warlord: Anvil of Strength, Obsidian Aquila, Master-Crafted Armor, Inspiring Hero

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [6 PL]: 3 xp
Infiltrator Squad [6 PL]
Tactical Squad [5 PL]: 1 xp Combi-flamer, Powerfist, Melta gun

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL]

Tactical Squad [5 PL]: 1 xp Fatigued, Power sword, Combi-flamer, Melta gun

+ Elites +

Xuv'sar Hasdar'Get - Judiciar [4 PL, +2 crusade points]: 1 xp - Artificer Armor, Champion of Humanity

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [5 PL]: 1 xp

Eradicator Squad [5 PL]

+ Fast Attack +

Outriders [6 PL]: 3 xp  Battle-Weary

Rhino [4 PL]

EDIT: I messed up when rolling Sholta's trait and relic.  I didn't give him a chapter specific relic.  Adjusted his crusade point total accordingly.

• Like 2

Made a more thematic army that I think will be fun.

50 PL

6 PL Captain in Gravis Armor Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, The Imperium's Sword, The Salamander's Mantle, Warlord

6 PL Librarian Adamantine Mantle, Bolt pistol, Force sword, Forge Master, Jump Pack, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

7 PL Tactical Squad
. 7x Space Marine: 7x Bolt pistol, 7x Boltgun, 7x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-flamer
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Meltagun

7 PL Tactical Squad
. 7x Space Marine: 7x Bolt pistol, 7x Boltgun, 7x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-flamer
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta

4 PL Tactical Squad
. 3x Space Marine: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Combi-flamer, Power fist

10 PL Aggressor Squad 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Flamestorm Gauntlets

7 PL Redemptor Dreadnought 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy flamer, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon

3 PL Rhino Storm bolter

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Messed around with the list to find a combo that makes sense for 50 PL and 25 PL mission to investigate a site of ruined craft on a planet surface.

50 PL

Captain in Gravis Armor [6 PL, 115pts]: Master-crafted power sword, Warlord

Librarian [6 PL, 115pts]: Bolt pistol, Force stave, Jump Pack

Infiltrator Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Infiltrator Sergeant
. 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine

Tactical Squad [4 PL, 105pts]

Tactical Squad [4 PL, 105pts]

Aggressor Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Flamestorm Gauntlets

Aggressor Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Flamestorm Gauntlets

Redemptor Dreadnought [7 PL, 180pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy flamer, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Eradicator Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Eradicator Sgt
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifle

Rhino [3 PL, 78pts]: Storm bolter

Initial scouting party designed around the idea of driving into a supposedly deserted area and digging through remains.

25 PL

Librarian [6 PL, 115pts]: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack  -  Called in to lead the patrol due to small warp anomaly detected.

Infiltrator Squad [5 PL, 120pts] - scouting the area for landing

Tactical Squad [4 PL, 105pts] Assisting the Librarian during his search.

Redemptor Dreadnought [7 PL, 180pts] Providing any heavy lifting needed to access areas under rubble

Rhino [3 PL, 78pts] transport to carry out anything of intereset.

Decided to go completely random and used CA 2019 random army generator to pick the units.  When it gave me the option to pick an HQ I randomly selected from 5 HQ.  I rolled for all powers, traits, relics.

EDIT: decided to roll for what specific units within each type I would use and had to change accordingly.

EDIT2: removed the last unit roll I made so I could refund RP and spend them on random stuff for the judiciar

49 PL

8 crusade points

-2 RP: relics

-3 RP: WL traits

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armor [6 PL, +2 crusade points]: The Imperium's Sword

Librarian [6 PL, +4 crusade points]: 4) Drakeskin, 5) Fury of Nocturne, Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack, Warlord: Anvil of Strength, Obsidian Aquila

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [6 PL]
Infiltrator Squad [6 PL]
Tactical Squad [5 PL]

+ Elites +

Judiciar [4 PL, +2 crusade points]: Artificer Armor, Champion of Humanity

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [5 PL]

Eradicator Squad [5 PL]

+ Fast Attack +

Outriders [6 PL]

• Like 2

Null Zone isn’t quite as scary, honestly, 4++ Invulnerable Save (or better) across the entire army is great... But everything also has a base 2+ Save normally, so it takes some pretty heavy hitting firepower to dent the golden gitz.

But the Judicar’s pocket watch which can force enemy units within 6” to fight after every other combat has been resolved is huge. Custodes shooting is mediocre, at best, they really lean on using mêlée to do damage... and when I’ve only got 5 or 6 units total on the table in a large game (and maybe 2-3 in a small one) forcing one of them to sit on their hands for a fight phase can really hurt.

• Like 2

Sholta Ekshor's recon patrol spotted a small Necron force.  Being true to their chapter trait they eagerly rushed into battle and over-extended in their assault.  Despite suffering heavy losses, they refused to turn their retreat into a rout.  Sholta made a desperate charge in to duel their leader.  Decapitating the Necron leader's head caused the remaining enemies to power down.  A successful assassination mission accomplished.

Sholta picked up a couple accolades for his bravery despite failing to keep his men disciplined.  He donned a newly forged set of Master-crafted Armor and the rumors of his prowess in the duel has inspired the chapter.

Cikar attempted a mission to secure territory and remove hostile forces.  They encountered a patrol of Raven Guard who didn't recognize the Dracones Solis markings.  Cikar's lack of experience caused the chance meeting to devolve into a bloody massacre.  His men started in complete disarray and failied to do anything of note.  Luckily, they were able to escape with without suffering grievous injuries.

• Like 1