Help: Brainstorming!

Raindog

Hello wondrous beacons of insight!😀

I am working on a dungeon and looking for items to place in a steam-punk setting trade house / office building.  I have a list of some items, but I thought I would throw the concept out for general comment. Whacky, mundane, whimsical, broken items, etc. are all appreciated. 

Thank you and bless you! 

Pneumatic tube message delivery system, possibly powered by extremely low-powered air elementals;

A “stenography pool” that consists of a single six-armed clockwork “secretary” who operates three typewriters simultaneously;

The “warehouse” is just a big, heavy, floor-to-ceiling cabinet that looks something rather like a card catalogue... Each drawer contains a different Portable Hole. Delivery wagon comes in, a goblin grabs the appropriate Portable Hole out of the “warehouse,” unfolds it on the ground, a pair of burly hobgoblins unloads the wagon’s contents into the hole, the goblin folds it back up and returns it back to the “warehouse” cabinet; 

A room full of clerks, scribes, accountants, and other generic looking office workers... But their desk chairs move around on clockwork crab legs rather than wheels; 

Desk lamps are miniature Tesla coils, every couple of minutes one or two of them will discharge sending a small and harmless bolt of static electricity “lightning” in a random direction. The jaded office drones ignore it;

Adding machines that use individual slips of paper in a stack feed into the back, like a modern typewriter or ink-jet printer. Typewriters that use a spool of paper in a continuous loop, like a real world adding machine;

Little old lady who comes ‘round the office between 11:00 and 12:00 with a cart of tea, sandwiches, and small cakes is a Swamp Hag. No one in the office ever comments on this. The cakes are delicious;

Lastly, you gotta have an electric traveling arc thingy somewhere. It’s just a fundamental piece of equipment...

image.gif.72b7377ec94266c3711d8a95b46a177e.gif