[H] $$$ [W] 40K Medusa Ammo

fingolfen

I'm just about to finish up a very old Imperial Armour (pre-Forgeworld) Medusa kit and I'd love to get a few rounds of Medusa ammo for the rear firing platform. I know you can get some if you buy the Medusa carriage artillery piece from Forgeworld, but I am not looking to build a lot of towed artillery at this point. Does anyone have a few loose rounds or one of the ammo boxes they'd be willing to part with? I've got money!

I used to use spent .22 LR brass (yes, from actual guns) as 40k scale artillery shells for my Basilisks and Griffons; 9mm or .45 ACP would probably work best for the Medusa... Although given ammo prices these days, a lot of guys will be hording brass in those calibers for reloading. Since rimfire ammo can't be reloaded*, .22 LR is a lot easier to come by.

*Okay, it can be, but it's such a pain in the ass to do (and buying new ammo is so cheap) that no one really bothers.

23 hours ago, Ish said:

I used to use spent .22 LR brass (yes, from actual guns) as 40k scale artillery shells for my Basilisks and Griffons; 9mm or .45 ACP would probably work best for the Medusa... Although given ammo prices these days, a lot of guys will be hording brass in those calibers for reloading. Since rimfire ammo can't be reloaded*, .22 LR is a lot easier to come by.

*Okay, it can be, but it's such a pain in the ass to do (and buying new ammo is so cheap) that no one really bothers.

The Medusa ammo has fins though, so just using brass wouldn't work - though I may try that next time I need basilisk ammo as I do have a reloading jig.