Enfilade 22

Noland

5 hours ago, reynir said:

I have a Fallschirmjaeger army. I’m pretty sure they’re Late War. Can anyone confirm? I may be able to cobble together something Mid War from the models I already have. 

You can find a fallschirmjager formation in the North Afrika compilation. It contains the formation that was previously release in the Death From Above mid war airborne booklet for the germans.

I hope to get some games in between now and the tourney but will people help me with the rules if I’m still learning or is this a hardcore tournament?

I work in Puyallup and live in Bellevue so my travel range is pretty wide. Does anyone want to play between now and Enfilade?

1 hour ago, reynor said:

I hope to get some games in between now and the tourney but will people help me with the rules if I’m still learning or is this a hardcore tournament?

I work in Puyallup and live in Bellevue so my travel range is pretty wide. Does anyone want to play between now and Enfilade?

We welcome new players and are happy to help people with the rules if you are lacking experience. If you have read the rule book and just have not had much opportunity to get games in I would say you should come to the tournament and get some experience. This is not a hardcore unfriendly environment with our group.

• Like 1

If you need help with your list shoot me an email (souldier3@gmail.com) and i'll help you out. Do you have a book that shows your force formation and the characteristics of all the units? Thats very important. If you have unit cards those are handy to also reference the unit characteristics.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 6:50 PM, Souldier3 said:

If you need help with your list shoot me an email (souldier3@gmail.com) and i'll help you out. Do you have a book that shows your force formation and the characteristics of all the units? Thats very important. If you have unit cards those are handy to also reference the unit characteristics.

It turns out my army is Panzergrenadiers not Fallschirmjägers. What book would I use for them? We’re they around in mid war?

This is a Panzergrenadiers list I threw together on the FoW forces web app. It seems too good to be true to be able to take late war Panzer IVs and StuGs. There were very few options for infantry that I actually own (I think my models are mostly late war). Does this list check out? Is it balanced enough?

Hi Reynor,
For a formation to be valid you need to take the compulsory units which for the Panzergrenadier company would the the HQ and a minimum of 2 panzergrenadier platoons.

Currently you only have 1 so you will need to change that.

One small tip would be to have more units that are in your formation so the formation is a bit more robust.

When checking if your company Formation morale you need to have at least two units from your formation in good spirits. Support units don't count toward formation morale so if someone takes out all but one of your formation units (in this case Panzergren HQ and Panzergren platoons) you would lose the game.

My recommendation if you have your heart set on playing the units above would be to either drop a support unit and bulk up your Panzergren formation with more core units OR change from a panzergren formation to a Panzer IV or Mixed panzer formation. You might not be able to put the stugs in those formations im not sure but then you could have 1 panzergren platoon as support and drop the panzergren HQ.

Hope that makes sense.

I would say either of the last two lists would be very sturdy in terms of avoiding formation break.
The list with the two companies is good because they would have to break both companies which is pretty unlikely.

The last list with a ton of units in the panzergren formation is sturdy because it has so many units formation units.

I  look forward to seeing either of them in action at the tournament.
I'll add you to the roster!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...