Bolt Action Game Day - November 12th

Torg

I don't have all the details - but a Bolt Action game day tourney will be happening in Aurora, Oregon (space reserved - plans stuff worked out) on November 12th ... 1250pts ("Armies Of..." lists - LVO style prep).  This is not a tourney - just 3 games and a fun day. 

When I know more I will let you know... I hear they may have a game day as well in Dec or prior to LVO in Jan?  I don't know - not going to LVO myself. I will be at this game day though - most likely with my USMC ready to roll.

-d

• Like 2

The game days folks make a standard "Reinforced Platoon" built from the "Armies of ... " books...units not from campaign or other extra books typically. Although the game days are not tourneys so folks bring other things if they want to. But several of the players and organizers are planning to go to LVO - so they are trying to stick to LVO legal builds.  That doesn't mean you have to build your list that way.  Most all these players are new to war-games in general - I have not heard anything about what war periods are being used... or tooling up lists specific to tourney play.

check it out... see how things go and make the list you want to play... is pretty much how things roll currently.

-d

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The newest info...

Operations Cold Turkey

Operation Cold Turkey - Nov 12th, 2022 Open Bolt Action Game Day We will have tables up and open for those interested in playing a game of Bolt Action - no cost to come and play. Please RSVP via facebook events page for Rosti's Gambit or by ordering this free event ticket. This will ensure we have enough refreshments for all players. New players are welcome, we will have a few tables set aside for games for new players. Game Day Rules: - 1250 point armies - 18 order die limit - Armies from the Armies of Books only **if none of this makes sense, don't worry, we can teach you** Doors open at 8:30 am, games from 9:00am - 5:00pm

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a Reminder - to bump this thread - Bolt Action Game Day in Aurora (just south of Canby and Wilsonville) on Saturday ... This event will be low key I am told - I plan to be there at set up (bringing my Island Assault table) and my USMC to have a few good games.

Operations Cold Turkey

Operation Cold Turkey - Nov 12th, 2022 Open Bolt Action Game Day We will have tables up and open for those interested in playing a game of Bolt Action - no cost to come and play. Please RSVP via facebook events page for Rosti's Gambit or by ordering this free event ticket. This will ensure we have enough refreshments for all players. New players are welcome, we will have a few tables set aside for games for new players. Game Day Rules: - 1250 point armies - 18 order die limit - Armies from the Armies of Books only **if none of this makes sense, don't worry, we can teach you** Doors open at 8:30 am, games from 9:00am - 5:00pm
  • Like 1

Being restricted to base reinforced companies out of the one book kind of hurts. Like I have the little pop AT gun...but then I can't take any arty. I think I based my army out of the Armies of the Sun book or something..so going back to the crap Italy book where they have the worst special rules ever just doesn't do well. But I get why you do it.

• 1 year later...

There is a Game Day happening later this month at Shiv Games down in Salem... Saturday the 27th. I don't do tourneys so I am not sure what else is going on this year. Local Bolt Action outfit is Rosti's Gambit... over at https://www.rostisgambit.com. Ran by the local Warlord Games rep / outrider (not sure what they are called) - but they also have a Discord which is where most of the up to date news is at.  They respond fairly quickly on Discord.

-d

• Thanks 1