How do I paint...Orange light source?

spagunk

So i've been reading and watching a lot of stuff on doing glowing affects (Thanks UselesswizarD :happy: ) but I'm having trouble pulling it off in orange. The item I am doing is the Force weapon from the Furioso Librarian model. The issue is two fold: The recessed inlay and the color pallet for orange. Was hoping anyone had advice on how I should approach this. Basically, I need help with:

What colors to be used if the brightest light source is blazing orange

For recessed inlays for the furioso force weapon, how would you best approach your light source? I'd image you go with your base color in the recesses and drop the the color a bunch around the source but I'm looking for ideas on what ya'll think is best.

Typing this in a hurry so sorry if details are scarce.

Thanks for looking.

The key to most of the advanced techniques like light sourcing, non metal metal, filigree and whatnot is just to find that point where your paint is as thin as it can possibly before the liquid separates from the pigment. 

As far as glowing effects my best results come from painting backwards. Or, if you like additively. Starting with white primer wash on a thin yellow-white followed by a yellow followed by a yellow orange and so forth until its however dark you need it to be. The more layers you incorporate the better final result tends to be. 

I saw a tutorial on doing some great pink osl. The guy did the largest radius in a light white over black, then smaller radii in white three or four times ending with pure white at the source. Then he repeated the process with a pink wash. Looked great, can't find the original though;(

Hope that helps and was clear!