Jinkies!

WestRider

I got a bunch of bikes put together, so I tried out White Scars this afternoon. They're pretty awesome (and not just the bikes. H&R saved my SternGuard and won me the game).

Anyhow, we noticed something odd about Jink at one point: You have to declare it when the Unit is declared as the target of a shooting attack. The consequence of this is that if they get hit by a shooting attack that did not actually target them, they don't have the opportunity to declare that they're Jinking.

At one point I had a Bike Squad all bunched up in the open, because they were White Scars holding a Scatterfield, so they could Jink for 2+ Cover if I needed it, and I needed them bunched up to get all the Grav in range on a Bloodthirster. Unfortunately, there was also a Tac Squad right next to them, and when the Phlegm shot from a Soul Grinder scattered over onto the Bikes, we realized the Jink issue, and I lost half the Squad.

Just something to keep in mind, whether playing with or against Units that use Jink.

• Like 3

I'd realize that as a biker player and say hey you're firing scattering weapon close enough to my bikes mind if I declare jink now? It is targeting close enough to spook them.

The jink rule has to be declared before you know how many hits. So I'd just factor that in as the shell is incoming...

• Like 1

I can see it both ways. I'm very new but I take the jink save as the target unit sees that it is being targeted and makes a move to not get hit. Thinkk of like a running back in football. Sees a linebacker and jukes to the side to not take a blow. In the OP that squad of bikes didn't see it coming. So they didn't jink. They got blindsided. I'm sure if I had bikes or was playing a nice guy or girl with bikes i would allow them the jink. But as it's stated in the rules i don't believe they should get the save. That was just bad luck and the bikes didn't have time to make a save.

I can see it both ways. I'm very new but I take the jink save as the target unit sees that it is being targeted and makes a move to not get hit. Jink of like a running back in football. Sees a linebacker and jukes to the side to not take a blow. In the OP that squad of bikes didn't see it coming. So they didn't jink. They got blindsided. I'm sure if I had bikes or was playing a nice guy or girl with bikes i would allow them the jink. But as it's stated in the rules i don't believe they should get the save. The bikes arnt all knowing with 360 degree vision. So how can they account for everything?

This is why I'd ask before the shot rolls to hit. I'm just widening the target area and allowing the bikes to jink if a blast is incoming that could scatter to them. Once we know the scatter is flying into them no jink. If this caught my opponent off guard I'd offer a jink with reroll successes as a compromise. It is more about good times than killing a couple extra bikes I didn't mean to shoot...

This is why I'd ask before the shot rolls to hit. I'm just widening the target area and allowing the bikes to jink if a blast is incoming that could scatter to them. Once we know the scatter is flying into them no jink. If this caught my opponent off guard I'd offer a jink wi th reroll successes as a compromise. It is more about food times than killing a couple extra bikes didn't mean to shoot...

I agree. Like I said. I would offer as well. But playing against a hard ass about the rules will likely see the bikes take a hit. I learning this game to have fun and hang out. So taking a little leeway with some rules to make it fun is perfectly OK with me. Per the rules the bikes would not get a save. But I say screw it. Jink them

• Like 1