OFCC Tyranid List

Would people complain about 5 FMCs (3 Flying tyrants and 2 crones)? The list would look something like the following:

3x Flyrant w/ 2x TL Dev, electroshock grubs

2 venomthropes

1 zoanthrope

3 warriors w/ BS

3 warriors w/ BS

15 Tgants

15 Tgants

2x crone

3 biovores

1 exocrine (or maybe a Tfex)

That seems like a tourney list

With the Tyranid book, and this is just my own opinion, there isn't much difference between a "tourney" list and a list designed to at least put up a fight to make for a good game. Crones aren't doing anything but going after troops in general so the only things that are truly dangerous are the flyrants and whatever HS bug he decides to take. On the other hand, if you take those away a Tyranid list is just going to get roflstomped by any "balanced" army unless the guy behind the wheel is an exceptional Nid player. How does one make a list from this codex, with the list building restrictions, that is going to be able to put up enough of a fight to make for entertaining games and not end up looking like something you'd take to a local tourney?

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Swarm lists easily fun game if can play fast as the fear of a wave running at you is just awesome who cares about a fighting chance at ofcc. Caps will get your back and pair you. My list would totally lose to swarm I can't remove 150 models from board in the two turns it takes to reach my line.

Or foot mc spam big challenge to remove and great stomp when close the distance but the 5 fmc no issue, 3 fly rants with tl devs is. 3 fly rants with different load not an issue.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Also keep in mind you will have four opponents that you can be paired up with. Communicate with team and make sure you balance with them, if your team is bringing all weak lists and you have the one tourney list that might fly.

List I'm thinking of bringing would knock your list out but struggle against ground mc spam and swarm lists.

It's the the fact that pairing is decided based on lists to list and opponent personalities should help you find 5 fun games :)

Dealing with five FMCs, including three Flyrants, is going to be incredibly difficult for most armies. A Tau, Necron, or IG list that brings the right tools can potentially do it, but the changes to Grounding checks mean that the vast majority of codices simply don't have any way to reliably hurt such targets.

It's certainly true that this is basically the only functional list Tyranids can field, but it's also a list that almost every list will struggle to do anything other than sit back and watch as it hammers them.

If people are having heartache over 5 FMCs, would the following list make people happier?  Though there is strong potential I will get my face stomped by most lists out there.

2x Flyrants

2x venomthrope

1x zoanthrope

3 warriors w/ BS

15 Tgants

15 Tgants

2x Crone

2x Fex w/ 2x TL Dev

1 Tyranofex

Living Artillery Node

3 warriors w/ BS

1 Exocrine

3 Biovores

If people are having heartache over 5 FMCs, would the following list make people happier?  Though there is strong potential I will get my face stomped by most lists out there.

Yeah, but OFCC isn't about winning or losing! It's about, er, making sure that you... win and lose? But not too much. Unless you do, and that's fine, except when it isn't.

Anyways, have fun, and don't worry about winning! Other than the times you need to, and then worry extensively or you won't get to play at all.

• Like 2

Is that essentially the list I played against at the tail end of 6th?  

Yes. But as I read the rules for 7th more I don't see it fairing well. It will do good against horde, but will have a horrible time against armor.  If we re-played our last game of 6th now in 7th.  You would smash my face in, because bugs cant deal with vehicles easily.

Yeah, but OFCC isn't about winning or losing! It's about, er, making sure that you... win and lose? But not too much. Unless you do, and that's fine, except when it isn't.

Anyways, have fun, and don't worry about winning! Other than the times you need to, and then worry extensively or you won't get to play at all.

LOL, Oh so very true...