Dartboard 40K

So I thought of an interesting way to do a dartboard 40K tournament.

Someone (such as my wife who is genius incarnate) could make a database of the units in the codex's, in order of appearance.

THEN she could use a random Dice Generator to create a set of random numbers for each of the slots.

THEN, we could have a tournament where you sign up and are assigned the units you must kit out, based on the totally random numbers.  So you could actually preplan your army before the tournament and show up with the fun combos that the Generator created!

As I mentioned in another thread, ChaosGerbil, myself, Gavin and some others have had a lot of fun playing totally random armies against one another.  Then you can just switch sides and play again!  

If we could actually create this little setup (we can) who might be interested in doing it?

You mean, like a truly random army builder? Does sound kinda awesome, though games would be much more lopsided than extreme examples of apocalypse lopsidedness.

Pretre-whose going to say no to proxying when we're playing DARTBOARD 40K.  It's by its definition, for fun.

It really isnt complicated and the model collection required, while probably not small, doesnt need to be gargantuan.  You have to roll for each FOC slot, complete the unit and move on to the next.

So here's an example,  When you get a chance, go through the Marine Codex and use these randomly generated Numbers.  Build each unit (no cheating) and then then move on to the next one.  When you get to 1500 points, stop building.  This is just one example.  I don't even have the Codex in front of me so i have no idea what this would make.  But your opponent gets similar random numbers and then you build it the best you can with the models you have.  Show up with your list and play.  

Fun.  Someone tell me what this would look like.  I'm kinda curious myself.  If someone wouldn't mind telling me what this produces for, say, Tau Empire, or Tyranids that would be cool too.  or whatever army.

Then you play, flip armies, play again and yer done.  Good times!

Heavy Support:  #7

Troops: #2

Elite:  #4

HQ: #5

FAST:  #3

Troops: #2

Heavy Support:  #2

Troops:#1

Elite:  #3

HQ: #1

FAST:  #2

Troops: #1

Definitely not a fan of proxying at events though. That was why I said I wasn't very sure. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't kinda thing.

At my house? Sure, what the heck.

Well a tourney at yer house is about as serious as this is so i say who cares where?  everyone kicks in $5, the host makes dinner for everyone and we bash each others brains out using unpredictable and fun combos that require our Finking caps since we dont normally use some or even any of it.  Last game I played was with Space Marines.  I dont play Space Marines!  Fun though.