One heavy stubber champ,

1 chem Thrower Ganger specialsit,

1 Las gun Ganger,

1 Shotgun ganger,

3 pistol Juves (little sisters)
3 Wild Runners with Bows and Throwing knives
3 phelynx pets 
Couple of smoke grenades spread around.

Had a test game last night - I didn't do a great job of supporting my close combat models - The Queen and Death Maiden absolutely tore through folks in close combat, but the problem with a successful fight action is that you're standing out in the open after it happens....

I could have tried to keep the juves closer to the pack and made it harder to target the high cost models.

My ranged firepower is a little limited - seems pretty easy to drop them and leave me without many outsides of 12".

I haven't added my 40xp of advancements yet - I'll likely add a skill or two, but go pretty heavy on Movement advances - 6,7 and 8" movements will be pretty ridiculous.

photo of them below - in the middle of prepping for a slapchop paint job.
image.jpeg

• Like 1

In my (limited) experience, mêlée in Necromunda is a very high risk, high reward play strategy and it requires a very keen tactical eye for reading the terrain. You want to try to engage in combats where, once the target it dead, none of his friends have LOS to your newly exposed attacker… Or at least, their LOS is obscured or very long range.    

Most of my play experience has been with the Palanites. Who are a short ranged shooty gang… They get stomped in mêlée and have very little that can reach out beyond 12”. Escher, Goliath, and Corpsegrinders are the bane of my existence.

• Like 1

Struggling a wee bit with my list.  I just don’t have that much experience with the Corpse Grinders (or the game, frankly!), so it’s hard to know what I will need over the long haul. I feel a little overwhelmed with all the options given so many points and everything potentially on the board. One thing I was considering was the Eightfold Harvest Lord as I have the model painted, and it’s tres cool, but I don’t see it in the Yaktribe Hired Guns list. Is that because it is out of date in the new rules or something? Thank for the info.

~ Steve

• Like 1

Just now, Painglove said:

Struggling a wee bit with my list.  I just don’t have that much experience with the Corpse Grinders (or the game, frankly!), so it’s hard to know what I will need over the long haul. I feel a little overwhelmed with all the options given so many points and everything potentially on the board. One thing I was considering was the Eightfold Harvest Lord as I have the model painted, and it’s tres cool, but I don’t see it in the Yaktribe Hired Guns list. Is that because it is out of date in the new rules or something? Thank for the info.

~ Steve

Probably just that it didnt get added to Yaktribe.  You should be able to make them as a custom bounty hunter or house agent, i expect....  I can poke around, i'm sure there's a hack for it.   You can also just go manual, and write up a card, without it being added in your yaktribe list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...