Beginner player new to Chaos

Ether

A Daemon Prince must buy an upgrade to one of the four Chaos Powers; I would strongly suggest Nurgle.

Nurlge on the Spawn is nice and all, but really the best use for them is delivering the Lord, and right now he can't join them. Drop the Mark there and you'll find he gets into combat a lot easier.

The third Cultist unit might not be needed, honestly; I would break it up either for spare points (if you're trying to make 1500) or to add the bodies into the two units in the Helcult.

Updated 

HQ

Lord, Axe of blind fury, Juggernaut, Mok, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War

175pts

Demon Prince, Wings, black mace, MoN

245pts 

Troops

9 CCW/BP CSM, MoK

1 Asp. Champ, MoK, P. Maul, Melta Bombs

149pts

Rhino, Dirge Caster

40pts

9 CCW/BP CSM, MoK

1 Asp. Champ, MoK,P.  Axe, Melta Bombs

149pts

Rhino, Dirge Caster

40pts

9 CCW/BP CSM, MoK

1 Asp. Champ, MoK, P. Fist, Melta Bombs

159pts

Rhino, Dirge Caster

40pts

Helcult

Fast Atk

5 Spawn

150pts

Heavy Support

Maulerfiend Magma cutters

125pts

Maulerfiend, Magma cutters

125pts

3 Obliterates MoN

228pts

Total = 1880

I totally forgot to add the points for the 4 extra marines... 

Whoops :P

Still not right. Notice how one squad has a 25pt power fist and all other identical gear to the other squad at the cost with a power axe at 15pts...

The Helbrute is 100pts, not 105pts, as per the FAQ. That saves you a bit there.

Mark of Khorne on the CSM units is not really needed, although it can be useful. Generally, though, 2pts for +1A on the turn you charge isn't a fantastic deal when you've already got the BP/CCW going.

If you're already giving guys Power Fists/Axes, they don't really need Meltabombs as well. It shores up your game against Knights a bit, but that's really it.

Definitely get some special weapons on those CSM units. Meltaguns and Flamers are both good choices, though I would favor the former over the latter.

With a unit of three Obliterators, Veterans of the Long War becomes a semi-necessary upgrade in order to make it so you don't run away after a casualty. Rerolling Power Fist attacks isn't a bad thing, either.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input on the melta bombs, will deffinetly drop those to get down to 1850. 

As for the CSM units. Can I run both a CCW and a special weapon on them. I thought It was either you got CCW/BP or you went with Boltgun and upgrade to special weapon. 

What If I ran three units of 1 obliterator to avoid leadership checks? 

You can buy an extra CCW, so you have Bolter, BP, and CCW, and then buy a Special Weapon to replace your Bolter. And you can take that option just for the couple of guys who have Specials rather than shelling out to upgrade the whole Squad.

Running 3 single Oblits takes away your slots for MaulerFiends. Not worth it in my opinion :)