looking for a few games next week

I will be playing my dark elves.  I have a new list I want to try out for the OFCC open.  An advanced warning, I'll be testing helbrone out.  I haven't used her yet.  I am working on my 2.8k dwarf army right now.  So, for the time being I just play dark elves but will soon have my dwarf army as well.  I live in Tualatin, but if you could venture your way to Ancient Wonders on Wednesday aroud 6, that would be awesome.  There's a great gaming group that plays on Wednesday nights there.

actually never played DE before.  there were no DE players in my old meta.  i am a dwarf player :) but i have heard of how nasty hellbrone is... i think ill be up for it.  only a 20 minute drive for me and i want to meet new people anyways.  ill let you have a more definitive answer by monday or tuesday but im pretty sure im game for it!

i could try to make it there at 6 but ive never tried to brave the traffic near rush hour in portland yet... so idk what time id actually make it there if we were aiming for 6. no worries on nasty list.  im prepared to get spanked and i dont really care :biggrin: .  ive always wanted to see a nasty dark elf build anyways!  

Awesome, I'll be there at 6.  I haven't been down there in a while so I can talk with the ancient crew until you arrive.  I'll reserve us a table and some terrain.  If you have artillery, you will do fine.  My army doesn't like artillery and artillery does wonders against a T3 army.  Here's the grand tip...kill the black guard unit before it reaches your lines and you should be fine.

Are you wanting to play just a straight up battle line scenario or would you like to roll for a random scenario?

thanks for the invite.  you were a pleasure to play and i hope to play again soon.  sorry i had to leave so abruptly buy my wife was getting on me to leave.  otherwise i would have stayed and chatted a bit more!  and yea, when artillery is on its pretty nasty.  shocked i didnt have any kabooms, especially since i only had one forging... crazy lucky!  also, i probably wont play with that list very often.  mostly played it to test how good it would be, but it's not my style.  i like more hand to hand and grind :)

yea i had to roll a 10 to actually hit her.  i wasnt expecting that to actually hit on a 10, fail lookout, wound and 3 wounds... thats pretty slim odds there.  we'll play another game with less shooting from me.  that tends to be more fun :) that was just my 'competitive' dwarf list that i wanted to try for kicks against a strong list like yours.  i do agree that if you went all cav you would have beat me, for sure.  those fast cav are pretty intimidating... retrospect though, i thought about this, if you would have purple sun'd me early along the line of those two canons, few drakes, organ gun and flame canon... i would have been toast and it probably would have been worth possibly sac'ing the sorceress with 6 dice.  that spell is just super nasty against a gunline... but that was a darn fun game.  it was looking pretty even really until you failed a few charges and that one drake held? and that one fast cav unit panic'd off the board.  definitely want to play you again, you are a great guy to play! 

Thanks, I was initially thinking of just vanguarding everything to the right to take your organ guns and flame cannon out of the game and then just push my entire army down your left flank while my sorceress just pumped 6 dice into purple sun's each turn.  However, I thought to myself about how that would have been the least fun for both of us so I said, "what the heck, let's push forward because his artillery can't be spot on all game."  Nope, I was wrong as all heck.

• Like 1