SturmWolf! Plus Other SW Stuff

WestRider

Every one of my new 40K projects starts out with a determination that this time it's going to be different, and I'm going to do careful highlights, with layering and lining and thinned paints and all that jazz, and then eventually hits a point where I have to (to pick just one example not quite at random) paint 15 Blood Claws, 3 Vehicles, 3 Grey Hunters, and a TWC for a Tournament in less than a week, and I just say "F*** it", and start drybrushing again ;)

• Like 1

Still just with the cellphone pics, and they need a couple more colours (not looking forward to doing the yellow. One more reason I avoided Blood Claws), plus some touch-up to fix the spots where I messed other things up when I touched up the black, but here are the Blood Claws who are going in this thing, along with a couple more Grey Hunters (because I didn't have a painted pack with Meltas), and another TWC, now that they're cheap enough I can fit him in.

IMG0062A_zps7e00ab2a.jpg

• Like 2

Looks pretty cool. I'm glad I have one of the old version, tho, I really do like both sculpts. I can use the new one on the chariot and the old one on foot.

I like the new one so much better. Plus I am magnetizing (surprise!) him to the chariot. He comes stock with a little peg that holds him in, which is cool, so you can swap him.,

Better pictures! Too many projects on my table at once, but I've got better light and a better camera here.

The whole gang! Still not done with the shoulder pads. Yellow is a major PitA :(

WolfPlusClaws_zpsc73bffb5.jpg

A better angle on the StormWolf itself, but my hands were all shaky because I really should have been in bed an hour ago:

StormWolf_zpsc2287613.jpg

The Wolf Guard Pack Leader for the Blood Claws and my scratch-built Ulrik the Slayer:

UlrikWG_zpsceb8f573.jpg

• Like 3

MUCH Better! Thanks, Dude.

Are you whiting your yellow spots before yellowing?

And I was totally just thinking about making my own Ulrik... I was trying to figure out what to use for a Crozius and going to use Krom as a base. I have a painted Ulrik but my wife was poo-pooing it even though she painted it (like 10 years ago) because she doesn't like anything about it now. lol. I offered to strip it and let her repaint.

Yeah, I'm laying down white first. You can see I've got that stage done on all of them. As much as anything, it's trying to freehand straight lines on curved surfaces. The fact that I'm doing it with red and yellow, the two colours with worst coverage, is just extra obnoxiousness.

I'll get a better picture of his Crozius when I get back. It's made from a total of three Thunder Hammers :D

So Logan... Stormwolf and Ven Dread were awesome kits and easy to assemble. Logan is also an awesome kit but a lot more touchy to assemble... Ugh.

Here he is all put together. I still need to magnetize his foot to the chariot and do something about his face/head. I put a Krakenbeard head in there for now because I haven't decided if I'm going with Logan or Krakenbeard for him. Also, the axe came out pretty well so I'm happy with that.

641249_sm-.jpg

641250_sm-.jpg

• Like 1