LF: Eldar WS Turrets

Romans832

I have a million bits, as you can well imagine. But what I don't have is turrets to place my millions of guns on.

Does anyone have spare turrets they're willing to part with.

OR

Can someone point me in the right direction for the bits sitez?

I recall a while back someone posting to a bitz place and I had checked 'em out, but as you can guess, I forgot where!

HELP!

Please and thank you!

http://hoardobits.com/cgi/hob/shop.pl?cat1=Eldar&cat2=EL%20Wave%20Serpent&cat3=&cat4=&page=&view=04182013-1-48

Thank you. But at that price I might as well FW it...

I found this:
http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=13730

But it lacks the bottom disc... So I've e-mailed them asking them if it's included or if they sell it separately elsewhere.

Ebay has 2, both are bid only. The Buy-It-Nows are rediculous.

Got to be a cheaper way

I've had iffy results with this group. One shipment was great, the second was delayed over a month due to a staff vacation that wasn't mentioned when purchasing the models. I don't shop there anymore.

As for their bit selection, its pretty clear, if you frequent the site, that this group buys bits for personal projects and doesn't ever post all of the bits for certain kits.

• 2 weeks later...

What price are you looking for? I mean, the turret is one of the very key components to that vehicle. It does make sense that it's price would reflect the lack of ability to sell the other tank bits.

I suggest making it out of putty if it's so important to get it cheap. I'd trace the circle that it needs to fit onto some wax paper. Then I'd make the jewels and wait for them to be hard before continuing. I'd get a small circle of cardstock for the turret, then I'd use putty to fill the areas. Rounding it shouldn't too hard, especially if your putty is sandable once hardened. I'd then go onto the turret in a similar manner.

Strongly suggest milliput black for a project like this. I love this stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Milliput-Medium-2-Part-Hardening-Putty/dp/B002CSX7Z8 Cheaper than green stuff, drys rock hard, an can achieve a very smooth surface. This stuff isn't as sticky or strechy as green stuff, but I've found it quite useful for vehicle conversions and basing. Horrible for capes and similar thin projects.

Price on amazon seems to fluxuate between $9 and $18. Tammies hobbies usually has it for about $14.

EDIT: I know your looking to buy one, but I think you've exhausted the options to get one. Either buy it at an inflated price, wait for the price to go down, find an alternate one, or make it yourself. It's been a third of a month since you posted, if patient, try the waiting method.

You could always just magnetize the turrets, so that you can swap out weapons based on what you need. Presumably you'd never need more turrets than chassis, just a way to swap weapons, right?

I'm thinking he's got fire prisms or falcons that he wants to swap with wave serpents.

Oh, last idea would be to make a conversion using the turret and parts from a Vyper. Seems likely you've got at least one of those lying around if you've got a battleforce box before.

I have these two conversions that I picked up off of Ebay.  Tore off those god awful webbed wings, think they were supposed to be Hornets or something.  Thought they'd be fun to prime over and paint up as Vyper conversions.  If you want to run twin-linked Scatter Serpents, they might work as turrets.  No canopies though :(

hornet_zpsafb38340.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas guys!

This scenario just happens to be foolish noob didn't take the tips given of magnetizing as he built his 4 Wave Serpents (10 years ago).

So now I find myself in a new codex where Scatter Lasers are the bomb. And well, I have 4 fully painted turrets, NOT SL... ugh

Swan, thank you for the offer, but modeling and changing is not my cup of tea. :(

I can't argue that, but I'm nub when it comes to that. I wouldn't know what to do.

My bro's got a million magnets (he took all mine that I bought then bought even more.)

But I'm not sure I have the skillz to do it.

If you can't figure it out, I'm sure you've got a local Ordo member to show you. I'd be willing if you want to meet at GG, assuming its local for you.