Rules Questions

1) Can ICs join Gerantius?

2) How do Knights handle allying in and allying out?

3) When making your Army, you are allowed to use as many detachments as you can afford to take, following the ally matrix and staying within points.  "Combined Arms Detachment" and "Allied Detachment" are two detachments listed in the book, and the two newest books have additional detachments.  The Detachment containing your warlord is your primary detachment for determining relevant information.  You are able to take a CAD from Space marines, the Space Wolves Wolf Guard Detachment, an Imperial Knight Detachment in one Army.  Did I understand that correctly?

• 1 month later...

So I could take a Company of the Great Wolf Detachment and an Imperial Knights Primary Detachment.  I would just have to make sure I took a minimum of 3 knights, 1 SW HQ and 2 SW EL.  It's just really how the TO/EO or my opponent wishes to restrict it.

Now on the subject of Space Wolves, they treat the wolf upgrades like Tau treat Drones, correct?  A Wolf Lord with 2 Wolves is still able to join a unit.  

Are Independent Characters still able to join other ICs and make an IC Blob?