Necrons, so what will change?

andozane

Another fun use is to pull the gargantuan c'tan out of the monolith portal, as that's legal in this edition.... The old monolith was only able to portal "necrons" which was specific to not include the old and much more impressive c'tan special characters.

This is just my interpretation and opinion: I vaguely remember from reading the codex an impression that the portal is still 'necron' only, it's not hard and fast in the rules, but reading in between the lines I got the feeling that it was meant or at one time necron only.

This is pure conjecture, nothing founded on anything...other than opinions :)

So, what do you think will change in the Necron codex?

Here are a few of my guesses:

1.  Mind Shackle Scarabs - GONE or perhaps Nerfed as a once per game, or much less affect.

2.  Triarch Stalkers - Lower point value, maybe 5 or 10

3.  I wish for just a generic FNP, and no more messing with their own version of it calling it reanimation protocols...

4.  Flayed ones...how you need something...but they always fail to give it to you.  Yeah, they will probably still suck.

5.  Doomsday Ark - Does anyone field these? I have tried...but that can't move to shoot your big gun aspect really makes them not great...and not worth their points.  Perhaps a point decrease?

6.  Night Scythes - Hmmm...point increaopes, i nthe new codese?  Stlll an amazing transport.

they'll hopefully explain basic common sense to some of its players, one hopes, in the new codex.  That would be a really cool outcome.  because i think that playing Necrons has a necrotic effect on their ability to apply common sense in some players cases.  But thats just me being angry at a recent cheater.  Most of my Necron opponents have not been a problem in the least.

On a more serious and less angry note:  Flayed ones coming from the ground to ghoulishly eat you...  mm mm mm.  So cool.  i think they should definitely be a focus.  i think that they also might wanna do something about that points cost on annihilation barges.  Yeah just maybe.

Night Scythes are gonna' get it in the face and that hurts no ones feelings im sure but the Monolith is iconic and they really need to shine that turd a bit I think.

This is just my interpretation and opinion: I vaguely remember from reading the codex an impression that the portal is still 'necron' only, it's not hard and fast in the rules, but reading in between the lines I got the feeling that it was meant or at one time necron only.

It's actually any non-vehicle unit from the Necron codex, and Escalation specifically notes that the units contained within it are considered to be from whatever their 'parent' codex is.

Remember, though, even units with a 12" (or more) move must end their disembarkation wholly within 6" of the vehicle.

• Like 1