Sentinels of Terra - 1750

Cortland

Well I think I have a good idea of what I want to go for with my fists but having not played a game of 7th yet I would like some input on glaring flaws or mistakes that I've made building thise list.

Anyway here we go.

HQ (230pts)
Captain Darnath Lysander, Imperial Fists (230pts) 

Elites (765pts)

Centurion Devastator Squad (290pts)
2x Centurion (180pts)
2x Centurion Warsuit, 2x Grav-cannon with Grav-amp (40pts), 2x Missile Launcher (20pts)
Centurion Sergeant (40pts)
Centurion Warsuit, Missile Launcher (10pts), Omniscope (10pts), Twin-linked Lascannon (20pts)

Terminator Assault Squad (480pts) 
Land Raider Redeemer
Extra Armour (10pts), Multi-melta (10pts), Storm Bolter (5pts)
Terminator Sgt w/ Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
2x Terminator w/ Lightning Claws (80pts)
2x Terminator w/ Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield (90pts)

Troops (390pts)

Tactical Squad (195pts)
Rhino (35pts)
7x Space Marine (98pts)
Space Marine w/ Heavy Bolter (24pts)
Space Marine w/ Meltagun (24pts)
Sergeant

Tactical Squad (195pts)
Rhino (35pts)
7x Space Marine (98pts)
Space Marine w/ Heavy Bolter (24pts)
Space Marine w/ Meltagun (24pts)
Sergeant

Heavy Support (358pts)

Devastator Squad (148pts) 
2x Space Marine (28pts)
4x Space Marine w/ Heavy Bolter (96pts)
Veteran Sergeant (10pts)

Hunter (70pts)

Vindicator (140pts)
Extra Armour (10pts), Dozer Blade (5pts)

Thanks all!

Seems reasonable overall. I'd make your Terminator Sergeant one of the Hammernators. There's a significant spread of characters who won't hesitate to Challenge a LC Sergeant, but will balk at tangling with a TH/SS one.

Given ATSKNF, I don't find the Veteran Sgt upgrade worth the Points on Tacticals unless you're also getting some real mileage from the extra Attack. Combi-Weapons, on the other hand, I'm a big fan of, especially with Melta, where you often only have one really crucial Turn. Vet is more useful on Devs, who are more likely to be hanging near the board edge or somewhere that a Fall Back move will leave them seriously out of position.

I'm also not really a fan of extra Storm Bolters on Vehicles. Especially here, where the Vehicles don't get the benefit of Bolter Drill. That'll give you a few more Points to play with.

• Like 1

Pretre I would like it somewhere in the middle something that with good tactics I can go up against 'ard armies but still fit the fluff of the chapter. I know the vindicator for example is not the best use of points but nothing to me says imperial fists like a vindicator and lysander being accompanied by terms in a LR.

If I could free up the points by maybe dropping the cents (for another squad of devs) and vets and bolters etc would it be worth while to add in an additional unit? maybe small stern in pod or soemthing of that nature?

Or are cents decent in their role?

Tank Hunter from the Devs makes Quad Guns pretty scary. It'd be a fair amount of Points to scrape up, but an ADL or Imperial Bunker with a Quad Gun for them to hang out with could be pretty handy.

I haven't run Centurions yet myself, but speaking as an opponent, I'm generally way more worried about seeing Grav Cents across the table than Lascannons. They still benefit from Tank Hunter on the Missiles.

Ditch Extra Armour from the Vindicator and the Storm Bolter from the Land Raider, then drop one of the extra dudes from the Dev Squad. That, along with the Hunter gives you 1749 with an ADL and Quad Gun.

It is a tradeoff, tho. The Quad Gun is more powerful because of Tank Hunter, but the Hunter leaves you more flexibility, since it lets your Dev Squad focus on something else. In my experience, a single Hunter isn't enough, but it's your call.

However the sergeant with the quad must fire at the same target as the rest of the squad right? so this would make my 4 HB's relatively useless in the turn that he would fire the quad... is this correct?

Flexibility seems to be more inclined to say hunter in this case but maybe im completely wrong.

The rest of the Squad does have to fire along with the Quad Gun*, yes. It's only really a major problem against the AV12 Flyers, tho. With Tank Hunter, the Heavy Bolters actually have pretty good odds of picking up at least one extra HP against and AV10-11 Flyer, and that goes up significantly if it's within 18" so they can re-roll. They're also fine against FMCs.

*You don't actually want the Sergeant doing this. You want your one remaining mook on the Quad Gun, so the Sergeant can use his Signum to make it BS5.

Just my two cents.....

Having run cents a lot, their problems are their lack of invul save, their slow speed, and if they are all grav, their short range. As is, I'd go one way or another, all grav guns and hurricane bolters or all lascannons and missle launchers. I've used the las/ml combo to decent effect but also had a DA libby with a pfg to give them an invul save. SOme things you could do is get a thunderfire cannon to bolster a ruins for las/ml cents and keep them in there, hopefully in a piece of terrain in the middlish of the board. They will do work on Tau broadsides and with rerolls on pens will be good against most vehicles. If you run grav, you need a delivery system - stormraven, landraider, sw drop pod, gate to ensure they get to where they can do the most damage.

I'd personally run all your termies as th/ss. This makes them the most durable and hammers are good against everything. Good players will put wounds on the angles that can impact those LC guys the best and make short work of them.

I get why you're doing HB and you want fluffy which is fine, but it seems like overkill. I can imagine you want to take advantage of the bolter drill but 18 hb shots isn't all that much.

For hunter/stalker, I'd run the autocannon type version over the missile one.

I'd go for missiles over hb in the dev squad as it still gives you some anti hoard, but also anti tank.

Just my cents for your cents...

I'm kind of opposite on the centurions I like your current setup Las/missile split fire, I'd shave the missiles off the grav guys tho save points to put in the real danger. Just don't plan to use them as a hammer. I used a similar squad to effect by using them to create no go zones for the enemy. They would usually just avoid the 24" to 30" kill zone allowing me to use my other tools more effectively, I did have drop pods so your milage may vary.