Blood Angels, first blood

Psilence

Moble mid to short range shooting army.

Blood angel CAD

Hq: librarian

Troop: 5 man tac. Grav gun, grav pistols *2. Rhino.

Fast: 5 man assault squad. Melta *2, grav pistols *2.

Hvy: Baal pred. Heavy bolter sponsons.

Baal strike force (detachment)

Hq: librarian

Elite: command squad. Melta *3. Drop pod.

Hvy: Baal pred.

Have to say it... Lots of baals.

Grav pistols can interchange with melta/flamer/plasma pistols depending on flavor desired. With 'gun slinger' the sarge can fire both.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

It's a fair number of guns, but they are all VERY short-ranged. If the other guy goes first and/or deploys back from you then wrecks your transports, you've got basically nothing. Bike armies, Eldar, and similar will simply stay out of your 12" range forever and you'll be hard-pressed to catch them.

Why Baal Predators over the normal ones? Your army struggles with anti-tank more than anti-infantry, so AutoLas or TriLas would seem like superior choices.

Seems like a bit of a gimmick army, although the use of Gunslinger is cute. If you wanted to go for theme, a Vanguard Veteran squad over the Command Squad can (or at least could and I think still are able) to take two pistols on every single guy, which can be hilarious.

Seems like a bit of a gimmick army, although the use of Gunslinger is cute. If you wanted to go for theme, a Vanguard Veteran squad over the Command Squad can (or at least could and I think still are able) to take two pistols on every single guy, which can be hilarious.

Never before had the idea of Space Marines in cowboy hats crossed my mind...

• Like 3

@ AP. I agree, certain armies will just dance around it. With so many fast hulls rolling around though, and with significant mid range/str firepower, running forever won't be viable.

Baals over regular for volume of fire and army synergy. Everybody wants to get in close. With all the grav/melta on the infantry long ranged preds would be confused.

It is very gimmicky. :p basically again just going for volume of fire. I'll have to check the vanguard/command squads. As a sacrificial alpha, more shots would be better.

@ jayne. Yeah, a little overkill :p losing the pistols would free up tons of points, but the short ranged output would suffer. melts pistols would focus the assaults defiantly. I guess the only advantage to grav would be the matching 12" range.

At this point it's more of a what if/for fun list.