Brush Help!

Hey guys, I've been using the Citadel "Fine Detail Brush"(which I think is a size 0) for a while because it was the smallest I needed for my level of painting expertise.  I now think that the relative size of the brush to the size of some of the smaller characters is holding me back.  Do you guys have any suggestions on brands/sizes you use, like do you ever go down to 0000 or just stay with a 00 and 000?  Thank you.

Winsor newton series 7 is what I use. Pricey, you have to mail order them usually, but worth it. I never use smaller than a 0. The point size is what matters, and a good point is a good point, irrespective of size. Much smaller than a 00 and the paint reservoir is too small and you have to keep dipping it to pick up more paint.

A good brush makes a a HUGE difference in painting.

• Like 2

Glad you found what you were looking for!

Nathaniel recommended privateer press studio brush for me but I've had splitting issues on two that I've tried. My favorite brush is one I got from my dad that he used when he was a kid. I soaked it in paint thinner for a year and now it's fantastic. Miracle brush.

Anyway, get brush conditioner from Michael's. If your brush seems down and out, this will breathe new life into it.

• Like 2

dickblick.com is a good place to buy stuff too.  Looks like they have Series 7 stuff in stock as well, though they have a warning about shortages.  Last time I even thought about buying some they had been completely sold out.  Must have been a rush when the new regulations were put in place.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.