SM Rhino & Combat Squad

K_DUB

So a quick question about 10 man squad (1 unit) broken up into 2 combat squads (2 units) in a Rhino:

Since a Rhino has two firing points and the rules state a unit may fire out of the firing point how does 2 units in a Rhino work? Can you fire essentially 4 men worth of weapons (4 men out of 2 units)? Or are only 2 men out of 1 unit able to fire and the other unit cannot act?

And upto 2 models from it. Normal rules restrict transportation to a single unit so are written from that perspective. As an opponent I'd have no problem with one guy from each combat squad shooting (even different targets) as long as the total number of models firing does not exceed the listed number for the fire point.

Raw would be pick one of the two squads, and two models from that squad could shoot.

Before you decide if this is clear or not, recall that superheavy transports can also have multiple units within and some do have fire points. Am I really only able to fire a single unit via the fire points?

Most of them say open topped allowing all models...or have no fire points. I'll look again but that is why I talk about allowing up to the number regardless of unit.

Stompa has multiple fire points.

"A Fire Point is a hatch or gun slit from which one or more passengers inside the vehicle can fire shooting weapons (or use witchfire psychic powers). Unless specified differently in the vehicle's entry, a single passenger can fire out of each Fire Point and the other transported models cannot fire. Ranges and line of sight are measured from the Fire Point itself. If an embarked model fires a Template weapon or a beam psychic power from a Fire Point, discount the hit scored against the vehicle -we assume the weapon has been fired in a sufficient arc to clear the Transport's hull. Note that the passengers can shoot at a different target to the vehicle itself "

Use yer rules guys. BRB pg 80

Reading that i would say two different models from two different units can each use a fire point.

• Like 2