750 Mean Daemon List

Cortland

Looking to slaughter some people this weekend with a mean daemon list. Looking for suggestions and C+C.

Daemon Prince - Nurgle - Wings - Armor - Psy3 - Warlord

Daemon Prince - Nurgle - Wings - Armor - Psy2

3 Nurglings

3 Nurglings

2 Beasts of Nurgle

Puts me at 744points.

Obviously in such a low point game I want to abuse summoning more units to get plenty of board control and increase my point value differential by quite a bit early on.

But curious of other things to look at without being allowed to bring FW. 

(Marines, IG, Daemons, Eldar I can field) Although only allowed 1  Cad no allies.

• Like 1

Also looking at this build, curious which one is scarier at this point cost.

Demon Prince - Greater Reward, Nurgle, Flight, Mastery 3, Warlord, Armor

Herald of Nurgle - Locus of Fecundity, Mastery 1

Herald of Nurgle - Mastery 2

Herald of Nurgle - Mastery 2

Nurglings x4

Plaguebearers x10

750 points on the dot.

Pink Horrors (to generate more Warp Charge) would be better than the Nuglings.

Beasts of Nurgle are actually pretty unimpressive, I wouldn't bother with them.

ML3 on the second guy is your next priority, then an Exalted Reward for the Portalglyph, then Greater Rewards with anything that's left over.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

At that point level that is not a fun list to play against one successful summons and your opponent is now facing an expenetially larger force.

I have played against you don't make friends

And as most people who have played me at ofccs a few years back that's not my usual intention.

But the sole purpose of this list is to make the opponent not want to play the game anymore.

Why play it then? If you are regarded as that guy who plays lists that are solely designed to make others quit, then why limit yourself by turning opponents away from you? Why not play an army, combined with friendly demeanor and good sportsmanship, that endears others to WANT to play you? OFCC is a unique experience, but why not expand that experience to the rest of your gaming life? Because of the way you state that you actively want to make "someone not want to play the game anymore" I sure as hell would never want to play you. Not to sound like an a$$hole, but I'll be damned if I am going to play you with that attitude.
  • Like 1

If im going to be attending a tournament where the mindset is set to heavy competition i dont see the reason why i shouldnt bring the hardest list i can bring.

Being able to play multiple types of lists make you a stronger player. Bringing a nerf gun against a tank will not be enjoyable. I am showing up to this tourney with a list that is min maxing and taking advantage of all areas that i can just like i would at a circuit tourney. The phrase was in jest as a synonym for WAAC.

I would love if this particular tourney was set like normal league for us but it is set up to be a very competitive day.

I will see plenty of lists that will make me cry such as 2 flyrants and double knight etc.

• Like 1

If im going to be attending a tournament where the mindset is set to heavy competition i dont see the reason why i shouldnt bring the hardest list i can bring.

Being able to play multiple types of lists make you a stronger player. Bringing a nerf gun against a tank will not be enjoyable. I am showing up to this tourney with a list that is min maxing and taking advantage of all areas that i can just like i would at a circuit tourney. The phrase was in jest as a synonym for WAAC.

I would love if this particular tourney was set like normal league for us but it is set up to be a very competitive day.

I will see plenty of lists that will make me cry such as 2 flyrants and double knight etc.

Silly me, I have been playing this game for fun.
  • Like 1

But the sole purpose of this list is to make the opponent not want to play the game anymore.

If you are prepping for a tourney, then I understand if you want to build a hard list. I did not see anywhere in your previous posts that you were building this for a tourney. All I saw was quoted above. This led me to think you were planning on going around to FLGS' and wrecking people's hobbies. It's all about phrasing and perception.

Local nurgle daemon player fields daemon FMCs on foot, saying jink applies to them whether flying or not. Nurgle FMCs need to be able to charge, so on foot.

In this area, grav may be a bigger threat.

Yes, FMCs can Jink regardless of Flight Mode. Armour is still better, tho, because Wave Serpents can hit you from pretty much anywhere on the table, while Grav needs to get close enough that your support should be able to Charge them. And the Armour is, as Cortland mentions, really good against getting dragged down in Assaults by basic Units.

Many Players also run Nurgle Princes as pure Summoners, keep them Swooping and Jinking and just bring in more and more Daemons all over the board with them.

You can Jink grav shots just like you can anything else, and being in range means you're in range to charge if on the ground (and you're mostly ignoring it if not.) Serpents and other Ignores Cover weapons (including LotD, Smart Missiles, etc, etc) will pummel you pretty hard either way, since most of them are twin-linked and medium-to-high Strength to boot. Plus, dying to some jerk's Krak Grenade when you charge into combat will make you feel incredibly stupid. Buy armor.

• Like 1

Fair enough. I don't play nurgle, but was talking to a local nurgle player the other day and it was on topic.

He's been running into issues where his FMCs need to make assault, with current rules not really making this very practical for swooping FMCs.