Webstore Exclusives

The Landing Pad and the Fortress are what I was looking at, and I'd probably order them online rather than in store, so good to know.  

Pretty sure GG has both in stock. Skyshield is in a white box with marker "skyshield landing pad" and Fortress of Redemption has it's own box.

I think I remember FLG saying that they can get Direct Only stuff, but they only give a 10% discount on it instead of their usual 20%, because they don't get as good of a discount themselves.

GG won't give the league 20% discount on Direct Only stuff. That said, seems to be based on if the item was direct only from their distributor, rather than what GW thinks is direct only. Items like the Fortress of Redemption might not count, as it wasn't originally a Direct Only item.

Well, the Warstore was my go to store while I was living in Corvallis. They have great customer service, and since they are a regional distributor they have a lot of stuff in stock. The only draw back is that when you order GW stuff you have to phone the order in, since they are not allowed to have a webstore for GW stuff. But on the flip side, I kind of like calling the order in. There is something satisfying about telling someone to "Oh, I'll take two boxes of the new Skitarii troops please. Oh, and how do those other dudes look? You know the melee roboty dudes? Meh? Ok, then I'll skip them until I see them in person. Thanks bud!"  

And they usually have a 20% discount on everything, all the time. Which is WAY better than GG. 

Well, the Warstore was my go to store while I was living in Corvallis. They have great customer service, and since they are a regional distributor they have a lot of stuff in stock. The only draw back is that when you order GW stuff you have to phone the order in, since they are not allowed to have a webstore for GW stuff. But on the flip side, I kind of like calling the order in. There is something satisfying about telling someone to "Oh, I'll take two boxes of the new Skitarii troops please. Oh, and how do those other dudes look? You know the melee roboty dudes? Meh? Ok, then I'll skip them until I see them in person. Thanks bud!"  

And they usually have a 20% discount on everything, all the time. Which is WAY better than GG. 

Heyas Sugarlessllama,

Just for the record - you can also order GW stuff from the Warstore via their online order-form - you just have to list the items you want down in the comments section.

Usually when I place my orders in the past with them, I do it late at night (while the wife is sleepin', heh heh) and there's no one to call. So I just note down at the bottom the GW items I want. They package them up and then send me the total receipt. All good to go. Like you, I've been using them a long time.

The only problem I've had is when there's a GW item they don't have in stock. In the recent past, that's been mainly LotR/Hobbit stuff, Usually they will try to get it quick direct from GW for me, and they can't they eventually ship the order without it. I am usually in no hurry so it doesn't matter. But in the past, when I wanted stuff shipped out ASAP, I've mentioned that in the notes "Please ship what you have", and it's on the way within a day or two. Like you, I've had total positive experiences with them.

But it is definitely nice sometimes to call them during the morning/afternoon and chat with a real person.

Since finding Dice Age (as well as that store up in Salmon Creek) I will try to keep my $ in Washington, though. Or Portland I suppose. ;)

-Tim

• Like 1