1st Rose City Wrath in the books

PS: glad i avoided matt p and evan. those lists would have given me issues......

I watched every game for at least a bit, and there were some bad match ups from time to time, but the matches were prettymuch determined by battle points. There was some shenanigans at the beginning of day two because of the marathon though

• Like 1

Jeremy,

Thanks for running a great event. It ran very smoothly and I really enjoyed it. I had 5 great games against nice guys.

Scoring feedback (edit: for future events): I would steer away from using VPs instead of BPs to determine the best general. In this case the result was the same, but straight VPs often awards army types over generalship. 

For example, you could have a lizardman player who plays a tight tournament, wins every game, and averages 1200 points a game. You could have a warriors player who shoves forward and gets 2500 3 games and 0 the other two. The lizards could even beat him 1200-0 in game 5 in this scenario. The warrior player than wins best general with 7.5K to 6k. 

VPs rewards carnage level, which is largely a function of the army rather than the player.

The terrain was great, I was impressed that that many battle mats were available, they were really nice. Also glad you were able to get the store to let us in an hour before opening, that was big for getting home Sunday. 

Thanks again for running the event!

-Matt

• Like 4

yea i definitely agree about BP over VP... some armies just have to rely on victory differences and cant table people.  shooty armies like wood elves come to mind for an example there.  and probably my army build as well(especially when cowards run away from me!!!), but eh idc about ranking things more about just having a good time and thats what i had.  thanks a bunch jeremy you put on a great show and ill be back next year as long as my army still exists :P

Would you run towards 3 war machines and a block of 18 irondrakes, knowing that there is also a huge brick of longbeards and slayers?

sure! especially since i have the same thing!!! :D

i was jk, nah they played it right i just like calling people out.  its not like i was running the 'line though.  and YOU ran at it and did just fine! :P